Distutils extensions for developing Python libraries and applications.
The buildutils package contains extensions to Python’s standard distribution utilities (distutils) that are often useful during the development of Python projects. buildutils was created to scratch an itch: removing make from the Python development process and partially to gain a better understanding of how distutils works.
The following extension commands are included:
- send a release announcement to mailing lists like email@example.com
- generate MD5 and SHA-1 checksum files for distributables.
- generate an TAGS file over all packages and module (for use in Emacs).
- find lint using the pyflakes utility.
- dumps information about the project.
- push distributables and documentation up to a project site using ssh/scp/sftp.
- build Python documentation from restructured text documents and Python doc strings.
- run py.test unit tests.
- dump statistics on the number of lines, files, modules, packages, etc.
- bring in a working version of a dependency (uses setuptools egg stuff).