Support for Subversion branches in Bazaar
bzr-svn is a plugin that allows Bazaar direct access to Subversion repositories. It allows most bzr commands to work directly against Subversion repositories, as if you were using bzr with a native bzr repository.
bzr-svn can be used through the regular Bazaar user interface, see the Bazaar Documentation Overview for documentation on that.
Some bzr-svn specific issues are answered by the FAQ.
See the bzr plugin guide for a quick introduction of bzr-svn itself.
Unsupported Subversion File Properties
Some Subversion properties can currently not be represented in Bazaar and are therefore ignored for the time being:
- ‘svn:ignore’. There should be a Repository.get_ignores(revid) call in Bazaar rather than a magic ‘.bzrignore’ file. Spec at https://launchpad.net/products/bzr/+spec/new-ignore-rules
- ‘svn:eol-style’. Requires eol support in Bazaar.
- ‘svn:keywords’. Requires keywords support in Bazaar. Spec at https://launchpad.net/products/bzr/+spec/bzr-keyword-expansion. #81463
- ‘svn:externals’. Externals should be mapped to Bazaar ‘by-reference’ nested branches and the other way around. This can’t be implemented until Bazaars nested branch support lands.
In the future, I also hope to support:
- use svn_ra_replay() when using servers that have Subversion 1.4. Saves a couple of roundtrips when fetching history.
Some Subversion metadata can currently not be represented in Bazaar and are therefore ignored for the time being:
Other features currently held back by Bazaars feature set:
- Showing SVN merges as merges in Bazaar. This requires tracking cherry-picking support in Bazaar