Compressible aerodynamics calculator in Python
A python package for compressible flows. A dynamic toolkit which enables you to make use of the formulae governing compressible flows.
- Python 2.7, >=3.4
- pylab (numpy, scipy and matplotlib)
- ashwinvis/scikit-aero >= 0.2
- PyQt5 / PySide (optional, but recommended for GUI)
- pandas (optional: for making tables)
- colorlog (optional: for coloured log)
To install from PyPI:
pip install -e git+https://github.com/ashwinvis/scikit-aero.git#egg=scikit-aero # Any of the following pip install caeroc pip install caeroc[pyqt] pip install caeroc[pyside]
To install development versions of caeroc and scikit-aero
pip install -e git+https://github.com/ashwinvis/caeroc.git#egg=caeroc --process-dependency-links --trusted-host github.com
If the current configuration of the GUI does not work for you, regenerate it by running:
cd caeroc/gui ./configure
Simply run in your terminal
Development mode will install caeroc using soft links.
git clone --recursive https://github.com/ashwinvis/caeroc.git cd caeroc python setup.py develop cd ../scikit-aero python setup.py develop
- [x] Command-line tool which opens a Qt based GUI calculator
- [ ] Save data as a database
- [ ] Plotting graphs
- [ ] Generate gas tables
- [ ] Calculate flow characteristics: Coefficient of pressure, lift and drag for basic profiles.
- The idea for a compressible aerodynamics calculator in the form an online JS tool had been implemented by William Devenport here. This project is pushing more functionalities as an offline tool and allowing users to dynamically use the formulae for specific cases.
- Thanks to the scikit-aero team for being the backend
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|caeroc-0.0.2b2-py3-none-any.whl (20.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py3||Nov 12, 2017|
|caeroc-0.0.2b2.tar.gz (13.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Nov 12, 2017|