Worldwide holidays and working days helper and toolkit.
Calendra is a Python module that offers classes able to handle calendars, list legal / religious holidays and gives working-day-related computation functions.
Calendra is a fork of Workalendar designed to be more extensible and introspectable, adding interfaces where Workalendar is philosophically opposed for the sake of simplicity.
What can Calendra do that Workalendar cannot?
- Provides descriptions for holidays for the “day indicated” for each Holiday (such as ‘3rd Monday in August’).
- Keeps distinct the indicated and observed dates for Holidays, such that it’s possible to determine on what day a given holiday is observed.
- Allows the number of Holidays in a calendar year to be counted.
- Consolidates observance logic in the core code rather than requiring each calendar implementation to implement its own.
The project is stable and in production use. Calendra follows the principles of semver for released verisons.
If you spot any bug or wish to add a calendar, please refer to the Contributing doc.
>>> from datetime import date >>> from calendra.europe import France >>> cal = France() >>> cal.holidays(2012) [(datetime.date(2012, 1, 1), 'New year'), (datetime.date(2012, 4, 9), 'Easter Monday'), (datetime.date(2012, 5, 1), 'Labour Day'), (datetime.date(2012, 5, 8), 'Victory in Europe Day'), (datetime.date(2012, 5, 17), 'Ascension Day'), (datetime.date(2012, 5, 28), 'Whit Monday'), (datetime.date(2012, 7, 14), 'Bastille Day'), (datetime.date(2012, 8, 15), 'Assumption of Mary to Heaven'), (datetime.date(2012, 11, 1), "All Saints' Day"), (datetime.date(2012, 11, 11), 'Armistice Day'), (datetime.date(2012, 12, 25), 'Christmas')] >>> cal.is_working_day(date(2012, 12, 25)) # it's Christmas False >>> cal.is_working_day(date(2012, 12, 30)) # it's Sunday False >>> cal.is_working_day(date(2012, 12, 26)) True >>> cal.add_working_days(date(2012, 12, 23), 5) # 5 working days after Xmas datetime.date(2012, 12, 31)
For a more complete documentation and advanced usage, go to the official workalendar documentation.
Calendra has been tested on the Python versions declared in setup.cfg.
If you’re using wheels, you should be fine without having to install extra system packages. As of v7.0.0, we have dropped ephem as a dependency for computing astronomical ephemeris in favor of skyfield. So if you had any trouble because of this new dependency, during the installation or at runtime, do not hesitate to file an issue.
To run test, just install tox with pip install tox and run:
from the command line.
- Cayman Islands
- Czech Republic
- European Central Bank
- France (Alsace / Moselle)
- Spain (incl. Catalonia)
- United Kingdom (incl. Northern Ireland, Scotland and all its territories)
- Brazil (all states, cities and for bank transactions, except the city of Viana)
- Canada (including provincial and territory holidays)
- United States of America
- State holidays for all the 50 States
- American Samoa
- Chicago, Illinois
- Suffolk County, Massachusetts
- California Education, Berkeley, San Francisco, West Hollywood
- Florida Legal and Florida Circuit Courts, Miami-Dade
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- Australia (incl. its different states)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Ivory Coast
- São Tomé
- South Africa
And more to come (I hope!)
Please take note that some calendars are not 100% accurate. The most common example is the Islamic calendar, where some computed holidays are not exactly on the same official day decided by religious authorities, and this may vary country by country. Whenever it’s possible, try to adjust your results with the official data provided by the adequate authorities.
Please read our CONTRIBUTING.rst document to discover how you can contribute to calendra. Pull-requests are very welcome.
This library is published under the terms of the MIT License. Please check the LICENSE file for more details.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size calendra-6.1.2-py3-none-any.whl (161.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size calendra-6.1.2.tar.gz (135.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|