Python implementation of the Campfire API
Camplight is a Python implementation of the Campfire API.
The project comes with a Python module that can be imported via import camplight and a simple command-line tool named camplight to utilize it.
The easiest way to install Camplight and its dependencies:
$ pip install camplight
Alternatively, you can install it from source:
$ git clone git://github.com/mlafeldt/camplight.git $ cd camplight/ $ python setup.py install
(Note that Camplight requires Requests.)
from camplight import Request, Campfire request = Request('https://your-subdomain.campfirenow.com', 'your_token') campfire = Campfire(request) account = campfire.account() rooms = campfire.rooms() room = campfire.room('Danger') room.join() room.speak('ohai') room.leave()
Usage: camplight [options] <command> [args] Options: -h, --help show this help message and exit -u URL, --url=URL set Campfire URL -t TOKEN, --token=TOKEN set API token for authentication -r ROOM, --room=ROOM set Campfire room -v, --verbose be more verbose Global commands: account get account information rooms list available rooms user [id] get user information presence list rooms the user is present in search <term> search transcripts for term Room commands (require --room to be set): status get general room information recent list recent messages in the room transcript list all messages sent today to the room uploads list recently uploaded files in the room join join the room leave leave the room lock lock the room unlock unlock the room speak <message> send a regular chat message paste <message> paste a message play <sound> play a sound set-name <name> change the room's name set-topic <topic> change the room's topic Environment variables: CAMPFIRE_URL same as --url CAMPFIRE_TOKEN same as --token CAMPFIRE_ROOM same as --room CAMPFIRE_VERBOSE same as --verbose
After cloning the repository, run the test suite using:
$ python setup.py test
You can generate a coverage report using coverage.py. First, install the coverage package:
$ pip install coverage
Now gather the data by running:
$ coverage run setup.py test
And create a report:
$ coverage report
You can also create a much nicer HTML report:
$ coverage html
Now open htmlcov/index.html in your browser.
Camplight is licensed under the terms of the MIT License. See LICENSE file.
v0.9.6 (Aug 12 2013)
- Add optional date parameter to Room.transcript(). Format must be YYYY/MM/DD. Contributed by @luchux.
v0.9.5 (Jul 16 2013)
- Generate reStructuredText from markdown using python setup.py doc. I want to keep using markdown.
v0.9.4 (Jul 16 2013)
- Convert documentation to reStructuredText for PyPI.
- Recommend using pip install camplight in README.
- Define one file per line in MANIFEST.in.
v0.9.3 (Jul 10 2013)
- Add MANIFEST.in for PyPI.
v0.9.2 (Jul 10 2013)
- Fix setup.py for PyPI.
v0.9.1 (Feb 18 2013)
- Use HTTPretty as mock library for unit tests.
- Add Travis build status to README.
- Update classifiers in setup.py.
v0.9 (Feb 15 2013)
- Fix exit status of python setup.py test.
- Update copyright year in LICENSE file.
v0.8 (Feb 8 2013)
- Fix JSON decoding in case no text is returned. Reported by @astiam.
- Travis: run tests against Python 3.3.
v0.7 (Dec 19 2012)
- Fix path to Camplight module in unit tests.
- Update to Requests version 1.0.3.
v0.6 (Nov 6 2012)
- Use pytest for unit testing.
v0.5 (Oct 30 2012)
- Add test coverage using coverage.py. (@keimlink)
- Properly set tests_require and extras_require in setup.py. (@keimlink)
- Work around dependency error returned by pip install by hardcoding the current Camplight version in setup.py. (@jwilder)
v0.4 (Aug 8 2012)
- Add unit tests; run them via python setup.py test.
- Add Travis CI config.
- Python 3 compatibility.
v0.3 (Aug 6 2012)
- Rewrite command-line interface from scratch.
- Add dedicated Camplight exceptions.
- Make use of Response.json from Requests v0.12.1.
- Add verbose mode.
- More sounds.
- Tweak per-file docstrings.
- Add setup.py.
- Add much more documentation.
v0.2 (Oct 25 2011)
- Use requests as HTTP library.
- Move all HTTP/JSON handling to separate class.
- Split up code into camplight package and runner script.
- More pythonic coding style. Fix PEP8 errors.
- Add ability to get account information (account.json).
- More (undocumented) sounds.
- Add MIT license text.
v0.1 (May 30 2011)
- First tagged version.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size camplight-0.9.6.tar.gz (10.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|