Host side driver for the Capable Robot Programmable USB Hub
Capable Robot Programmable USB Hub Driver
This package has two functions:
- It provides access to internal state of the Capable Robot USB Hub, allowing you to monitor and control the Hub from an upstream computer.
- It creates a transparent CircuitPython Bridge, allowing unmodified CircuitPython code to run on the host computer and interact with I2C & SPI devices attached to the USB Hub.
Install and update using pip:
pip install capablerobot_usbhub
This driver requires Python 3.6 or newer.
On Linux, the the udev permission system will likely prevent normal users from accessing the USB Hub's endpoint which allows for Hub Monitoring, Control, and I2C Bridging. To resolve this, install the provided udev rule:
sudo cp 50-capablerobot-usbhub.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/ sudo udevadm control --reload sudo udevadm trigger
Then unplug and replug your USB Hub. Note, the provided udev rule allows all system users to access the Hub, but can be changed to a specific user or user group.
Usage & Examples
The examples folder has some code samples of how to use this Python API to control the Programmable USB Hub. There is also another example repository which includes additional host-side code as well as examples of customizing behavior via changing the Hub's firmware.
- Reading USB Hub registers over USB and decoding of register data.
- Writing USB Hub registers over USB.
- Reading & writing I2C data thru the Hub.
- Python API to control and read the two GPIO pins.
- CircuitPython I2C Bridge to the rear I2C1 port.
- CircuitPython SPI Bridge to the internal mikroBUS header.
Not Working / Not Implemented Yet
No known errata at this time
Contributions are welcome! Please read our Code of Conduct before contributing to help this project stay welcoming.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size capablerobot_usbhub-0.2.5-py3-none-any.whl (33.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size capablerobot_usbhub-0.2.5.tar.gz (20.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for capablerobot_usbhub-0.2.5-py3-none-any.whl
Hashes for capablerobot_usbhub-0.2.5.tar.gz