C implementation of parts of difflib
Python difflib sequence matcher reimplemented in C.
Actually only contains reimplemented parts. Creates a
which inherets most functions from
cdifflib is about 4x the speed of the pure python
difflib when diffing
The C part of the code can only work on
list rather than generic iterables,
so anything that isn't a
list will be converted to
list in the
CSequenceMatcher constructor. This may cause undesirable behavior if you're
not expecting it.
Works with Python 2.7 and 3.6 (Should work on all 3.3+)
Can be used just like the
difflib.SequenceMatcher as long as you pass lists. These examples are right out of the difflib docs:
>>> from cdifflib import CSequenceMatcher >>> s = CSequenceMatcher(None, ' abcd', 'abcd abcd') >>> s.find_longest_match(0, 5, 0, 9) Match(a=1, b=0, size=4) >>> s = CSequenceMatcher(lambda x: x == " ", ... "private Thread currentThread;", ... "private volatile Thread currentThread;") >>> print round(s.ratio(), 3) 0.866
It's completely compatible, so you can replace the difflib version on startup and then other libraries will use CSequenceMatcher too, eg:
from cdifflib import CSequenceMatcher import difflib difflib.SequenceMatcher = CSequenceMatcher import library_that_uses_difflib # Now the library will transparantely be using the C SequenceMatcher - other # things remain the same library_that_uses_difflib.do_some_diffing()
python setup.py install
python setup.py test
This code lives at https://github.com/mduggan. See LICENSE for the license.
- 1.2.6 - Clear state correctly when replacing seq1 (#10)
- 1.2.5 - Fix some memory leaks (#7)
- 1.2.4 - Repackage yet again using twine for pypi upload (no binary changes)
- 1.2.3 - Repackage again with changelog update and corrected src package (no binary changes)
- 1.2.2 - Repackage to add README.md in a way pypi supports (no binary changes)
- 1.2.1 - Fix bug for longer sequences with "autojunk"
- 1.2.0 - Python 3 support for other versions
- 1.1.0 - Added Python 3.6 support (thanks Bclavie)
- 1.0.4 - Changes to make it compile on MSVC++ compiler, no change for other platforms
- 1.0.2 - Bugfix - also replace set_seq1 implementation so
difflib.compareworks with a
- 1.0.1 - Implement more bits in c to squeeze a bit more speed out
- 1.0.0 - First release
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for cdifflib-1.2.6-cp310-cp310-macosx_12_0_x86_64.whl
Hashes for cdifflib-1.2.6-cp39-cp39-macosx_12_0_x86_64.whl
Hashes for cdifflib-1.2.6-cp38-cp38-macosx_12_0_x86_64.whl