Through-the-web data browser for CDX datasets
Although intended for the CDX web site, it can run on any Plone site.
If you’re stuck maintaining this package, note that it depends on the CDX client package. That’s all well and dandy, except that the client itself depends on PyHDF, which may look like a nice standard Python enhanced egg, but believe me, it’s not. OK, it probably is, but it depends on NumPY and HDF4, both of which are problematic.
Here’s what I ended up having to do:
- Pick a prefix, call it $PREFIX.
- virtualenv-2.6 –distribute –no-site-packages –prompt=cdxcrap $PREFIX
- cd $PREFIX
- bin/pip install numpy
- mkdir src
- cd src
- curl -L ‘http://www.hdfgroup.org/ftp/HDF/HDF_Current/src/hdf-4.2.6.tar.bz2’ | tar xjf -
- cd hdf-4.2.6
- ./configure –prefix=$PREFIX –without-szlib –disable-fortran
- make install
- cd ..
- curl -L ‘http://sourceforge.net/projects/pysclint/files/pyhdf/0.8.3/pyhdf-0.8.3.tar.gz’ | tar xzf -
- cd pyhdf-0.8.3
- env NOSZIP=1 INCLUDE_DIRS=$PREFIX/include LIBRARY_DIRS=$PREFIX/lib $PREFIX/bin/python2.6 setup.py install
You can then use $PREFIX/bin/python2.6 with this egg:
- $PREFIX/bin/python2.6 bootstrap.py -d
Tests pass, so it must work!
Use zc.buildout and the plone.recipe.zope2instance:
Add cdxsite.databrowser to the list of eggs to install, e.g.:
[buildout] ... eggs = ... cdxsite.databrowser
Tell the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to install a ZCML slug:
[instance] recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance ... zcml = cdxsite.databrowser
Re-run buildout, e.g. with:
You can skip the ZCML slug if you are going to explicitly include the package from another package’s configure.zcml file.
2.0.1 - 2011.7.1 - Plone 4.1 + Upgrade Path
This release adds the following:
- Compatibility with Plone 4.1.
- Removal of obsolete security declarations.
- Upgrade path. Although currently null, the framework for future upgrades is now in place.
2.0.0 - 2011.6.27 - Infrastructure Upgrade
This release speeds things up quite a bit because now we run with Plone 4.
1.0.2 - 2009.12.16 - Project Updates
- Updates project metadata with a new download URL that collects all related cdxsite deliverables in one location.
- Properly declares cdx.client as a dependency.
1.0.1 - Bug fix
- Fix an issue with path interpretation from the CDX client library.
1.0.0 - FCS
- First deployment
0.0.0 - Unreleased
- Initial release
Copyright 2008-2011 by the California Institute of Technology. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
The Software is owned by Caltech/JPL and is protected by United States copyright laws and applicable international treaties and/or conventions. The United States Government may have prior rights to use some or all of the Software as determined under applicable contracts and license agreements with Caltech/JPL.
This software was developed at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, an operating division of the California Institute of Technology and is not available for use by any person, organization, or other entity without prior, specific written permission.