CLI Application Framework for Python
Cement is an advanced CLI Application Framework for Python. Its goal is to introduce a standard, and feature-full platform for both simple and complex command line applications as well as support rapid development needs without sacrificing quality.
Core features include (but are not limited to):
- Core pieces of the framework are customizable via handlers/interfaces
- Extension handler interface to easily extend framework functionality
- Config handler supports parsing multiple config files into one config
- Argument handler parses command line arguments and merges with config
- Log handler supports console and file logging
- Plugin handler provides an interface to easily extend your application
- Hook support adds a bit of magic to apps and also ties into framework
- Handler system connects implementation classes with Interfaces
- Output handler interface renders return dictionaries to console
- Cache handler interface adds caching support for improved performance
- Controller handler supports sub-commands, and nested controllers
- Zero external dependencies* (ext’s with dependencies ship separately)
- 100% test coverage
- Extensive Sphinx documentation
- Tested on Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.1, and 3.2
Note that argparse is required as an external dependency for Python < 2.7 and < 3.2.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size cement-2.0.2.tar.gz (81.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|