CLI Application Framework for Python
Cement is an advanced CLI Application Framework for Python. Its goal is to introduce a standard, and feature-full platform for both simple and complex command line applications as well as support rapid development needs without sacrificing quality. Cement is flexible, and it’s use cases span from the simplicity of a micro-framework to the complexity of a mega-framework. Whether it’s a single file script, or a multi-tier application, Cement is the foundation you’ve been looking for.
The first commit to Git was on Dec 4, 2009. Since then, the framework has seen several iterations in design, and has continued to grow and improve since it’s inception. Cement is the most stable, and complete framework for command line and backend application development.
Cement core features include (but are not limited to):
- Pieces of the framework are customizable via handlers/interfaces
- Extension handler interface to easily extend framework functionality
- Config handler supports parsing multiple config files into one config
- Argument handler parses command line arguments and merges with config
- Log handler supports console and file logging
- Plugin handler provides an interface to easily extend your application
- Hook support adds a bit of magic to apps and also ties into framework
- Handler system connects implementation classes with Interfaces
- Output handler interface renders return dictionaries to console
- Cache handler interface adds caching support for improved performance
- Controller handler supports sub-commands, and nested controllers
- Zero external dependencies* (not including optional extensions)
- 100% test coverage using Nose*
- 100% PEP8 compliant using pep8 and autopep8 tools
- Extensive Sphinx documentation
- Tested on Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.2, 3.3, and 3.4
Note that argparse is required as an external dependency for Python < 2.7 and < 3.2. Additionally, some optional extensions that are shipped with the mainline Cement sources do require external dependencies. It is the responsibility of the application developer to include these dependencies along with their application, as Cement explicitly does not include them.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size cement-2.6.0.tar.gz (138.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|