Planetary data library and API server
Cerridwen provides planetary data that is suitable for both astronomical and astrological purposes. It comes with a simple command-line utility and a JSON server, but is also designed to serve as a basis for your own application.
The motivation for this package is to have a reliable open-source library and API that provides comprehensive data on various planetary bodies and factors at a certain point in time.
- Get comprehensive data on the sun and moon at almost any point in time
- Rely on the high precision of the NASA JPL ephemeris
- Make use of a powerful numpy-based algorithm for planetary event finding, (e.g. full moon, squares of planets etc.)
- Work with Julian and ISO dates
- Use Cerridwen’s JSON API to ensure loose coupling
- Extend Cerridwen with ease to suit your own needs
Cerridwen’s full documentation can be found at http://cerridwen.readthedocs.org/
Cerridwen includes a basic test suite for its calculations and API.
At this time the API is reasonably stable but may change without warning. Please let me know when you need better API stability for your project.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size cerridwen-1.2.0-py3-none-any.whl (19.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size cerridwen-1.2.0.tar.gz (34.6 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for cerridwen-1.2.0-py3-none-any.whl