Creates movies of Kepler/K2 asteroids based on target names.
Tools to find out what we should characterize!
- Assume all planets have atmospheres (this is likely true for most planets)
- Assume no planets have clouds or hazes (this is unlikely)
- Assume a circular orbit (this is largely true)
- Assume HST WFC3 for followup instrument (this is reasonable)
- Assume 1 second exposure time with a scan rate of 0.15s (this could be improved for each target)
- Assume HST WFC3 has no saturation limit. (This could be acheived with scanning)
- Assume one observation is taken (this is an underestimate)
- Assume 50 pixels of the detector are illuminated for the scan (this is reasonable)
- Assume 5 scale heights of atmsophere (this is an approximation)
- Assume atmosphere is purely hyrdogen (this is likely to be wrong for most small planets)
- Assume atmosphere is entirely opaque in the WFC3 bandpass (this is an overestimate)
- Assume starspot free (this is unlikely)
- Where masses are unknown, assume mass-radius relation from Weiss 2014 (this is an approximation)
- Assume 2MASS photometry is correct (this is reasonable)
- Assume planets have no reflection, all light us absorbed
All told, this will provide an overestimate of the signal or the ‘best case’ scenario.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size characterizethis-0.1.dev1-py3-none-any.whl (415.9 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size characterizethis-0.1.dev1.tar.gz (5.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for characterizethis-0.1.dev1-py3-none-any.whl
Hashes for characterizethis-0.1.dev1.tar.gz