Curses interface to Checkmk Raw.
Efficient Curses interface for Checkmk Raw, https://checkmk.com/.
The goal is not to completely avoid the web interface, but to speed up common day-to-day tasks. Actions like acknowledge, downtime, reinventorize can be done in seconds, with keyboard only. Overview is clean and simple.
Alpha quality. Commands work, but I make no promises.
![Details v.6](https://gitlab.com/larsfp/checkmk-commander/-/raw/master/images/Screenshot v.6.png)
![Overview v.3](https://gitlab.com/larsfp/checkmk-commander/-/raw/master/images/Screenshot v.3.png)
pip3 install checkmk-commander
Run command: chkcom
Press ? in app to get an overview.
Implementation details and limitations
Uses CheckMK's web API. You need an "machine" account with a secret. A normal user won't work.
High pri features
- list service problems from several checkmk instances
- list (distributed monitoring) site statuses
- [v] ack service problems
- Show popup to add comment
- Parse time from comment
- ack service problems on all sites, not just main host
- ack host problems
- downtime service problems
- comment service problems
- show down hosts
- show service problem count
Medium pri features
- Reinventorize a host
- [v] Make actions async
- Add logging
Low pri features
- Ability to run remotely (without being on checkmk host)
- Reschedule check
- Add new host?
- Search in alert list
- Sort alert list
- Act on more than one alert at a time?
- if running locally, fetch secret from var/check_mk/web/USER/automation.secret
- Show in overview that comments on a service exists
- Improve readability, colors.
- Clean up code.
- Find down time for down-alerts.
- Fetch host comments for down hosts.
- Status bar at bottom should perhaps be switched for a scrolling textview with "Host- and Service events"
- Icon, desktop integration.
Inspirations and help
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for checkmk_commander-0.8.2-py3-none-any.whl