Curses interface to Checkmk Raw.
Checkmk Commander, or Check Commander, efficient Curses interface for Checkmk, https://checkmk.com/.
The goal is not to completely avoid the web interface, but to speed up common day-to-day tasks. Actions like acknowledge, downtime, reinventorize can be done in seconds, with keyboard only. Overview is clean and simple.
Beta quality. Can be used. Report bugs! Some features may behave weirdly, but won't eat your data.
Project home: https://gitlab.com/larsfp/checkmk-commander
pip3 install checkmk-commander
Run command: chkcom
(Additional functionality requires python module cliboard, webbrowser)
Press ? in app to get an overview.
You will be asked for configuration details on first run, and a config will be created at ~/.config/check-commander.ini
Additionaly, you can add:
url_w = http://wiki.example.com/?q=HOSTNAME
This will let you hit "w" in list view to open that host in your wiki (or any other site). HOSTNAME will be replaced with current selected host.
Implementation details and limitations
Uses CheckMK's web API. You need a "machine" account with a secret. A normal user won't work.
High pri features
- list service problems from several checkmk instances
- ack service problems
- Show popup to add comment
- Parse time from comment
- ack service problems on all sites, not just main host
- ack host problems
- downtime service problems
- comment service problems
- show down hosts
Medium pri features
- Reinventorize a host
- Make actions async
- Add logging
- show service problem count
Low pri features
- Ability to run remotely (without being on checkmk host)
- Reschedule check
- Add new host
- Search in alert list
- Search in all host/services (to i.e. run a reinventorize before anything complains)
- Sort alert list
- Show number of comments on services in overview
- List event notifications
- List hosts/services in downtime
- More list options, like remove numbering, wrap/clip columns.
- Improve readability, colors.
- Find down time for down-alerts.
- Fetch host comments for down hosts.
- Status bar at bottom could be replaced by a scrolling textview with "Host- and Service events"?
- Icon, desktop integration.
- I can only assume syslog is os dependent.
- Write more unit tests
- Change URLs to be an object, for testing and safer handling.
- Expand yank command.
Tests can be run with
tox. Static tests have been done with prospector.
Inspirations and help
- Icon made by RallyPointComic https://anus.no/
- Thanks to Scott Hansen, https://gitlab.com/firecat4153, for testing and feedback.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.