cheesebread: a toolbox for data science
cheesebread is a data toolbox. In other words, it supports tools and shortcuts to get data from REST APIs into datasets without the hassle of explicitly handling every single step in the middle.
- data catalog and datasets
- asynchronous communication to REST APIs
- aggregate data into time series from REST APIs
- expiring tokens
- request limits and retry on failure
More often than not, collectig data from REST APIs gets in the way of data analysis and machine learning. The toolbox implements a list of helpers that automate data collection.
Moreover, when we are given aggregate data, for instance, an API endpoint that returns a user’s number of interaction during a given period, the toolbox manages to create time series by asynchronously calling the API multiple times - a little bit hacky, but it wil get what we need.
The toolbox is aimed to a somewhat incipient data science team whose main focus is to get started with data analysis and not data collection.
Always suggest a version bump. We use Semantic Versioning.
Given a version number MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH, increment the:
- MAJOR version when you make incompatible API changes,
- MINOR version when you add functionality in a backwards-compatible manner, and
- PATCH version when you make backwards-compatible bug fixes.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for cheesebread-0.0.1-py3-none-any.whl