Chimere is a kind of online “mashup” which is designed to aggregate geographic data from several sources. Chimere gets a map from OpenStreetMap and display other data added by users. Datas are freely submitted by visitors and then validated by an administrator.
Chimère is a cartographic mashup using OpenStreetMap as a default map layer. This software aims to create online collaborative and thematic maps. Content (multimedia, text) are associated to basic geographics items (Point Of Interest, routes). Add on the map are open to everybody with no authentification but are moderated by a team in charge of the map.
- Display (by default) of the mapnik OpenStreetMap layer.
- Display on the map of POIs (with markers) and routes (with colored polylines).
- Thematic choices of items to display (POIs and routes).
- Filter themes in regard to currently available items.
- Display of the detail of a POI (name, description, pictures, multimedia files).
- Add of a cartographic item (POI, route) on the map by an user without authentication (the item is only available after moderation).
- Admin interface for moderation and configuration.
- Cut a Chimère by “areas”. Each “area” can have specific themes, a new default center, welcome message, bounding box, allow of restriction to a bounding box, activation of dynamic themes, available themes, themes checked by default.
- Import and export of data. Available formats are: ShapeFile, KML, GeoRSS (import only), CSV and OSM.
- Configuration of map layers in administration interface. By default these cartographic items are available: OSM Mapnik, MapQuest, OSM Transport, Cyclemap.
Full documentation is available on Read the docs.
- To be fully functional, this package is provided with external libs:
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size chimere-2.0.3.tar.gz (1.9 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|