Chimère is a cartographic mashup using OpenStreetMap as a default map layer.
This software aims to create online collaborative and thematic maps. Content
(multimedia, text) are associated to basic geographics items (Point Of Interest,
routes). Add on the map are open to everybody with no authentification but are
moderated by a team in charge of the map.
- Display (by default) of the mapnik OpenStreetMap layer.
- Display on the map of POIs (with markers) and routes (with colored
- Thematic choices of items to display (POIs and routes).
- Filter themes in regard to currently available items.
- Display of the detail of a POI (name, description, pictures, multimedia
- Add of a cartographic item (POI, route) on the map by an user without
authentication (the item is only available after moderation).
- Admin interface for moderation and configuration.
- Cut a Chimère by “areas”. Each “area” can have specific themes, a new default
center, welcome message, bounding box, allow of restriction to a bounding
box, activation of dynamic themes, available themes, themes checked by
- Import and export of data. Available formats are: ShapeFile, KML, GeoRSS
(import only), CSV and OSM.
- Configuration of map layers in administration interface. By default these
cartographic items are available: OSM Mapnik, MapQuest, OSM Transport,
Full documentation is available on Read the docs.
- To be fully functional, this package is provided with external libs:
- OpenLayers - 2006-2012 OpenLayers Contributors - 2-clause BSD
- OsmApi - 2009-2010 Étienne Chové - GPL v3.
- prettyPhoto - 2012 Stephane Caron - GPL v2.
- jMediaelement - 2010 Alexander Farkas - GPL v2 and MIT.
- bsmSelect - 2010 Victor Berchet - GPL v2 and MIT.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.