Asynchronous Component based Event Application Framework
circuits is a Lightweight Event driven and Asynchronous Application Framework for the Python Programming Language with a strong Component Architecture. circuits also includes a lightweight, high performance and scalable HTTP/WSGI web server (with some similar features to CherryPy) as well as various I/O and Networking components.
circuits has a clean architecture and has no required external dependencies. It has a small footprint and delivers a powerful set of features for building large, scalable, maintainable applications and systems. circuits comes with a suite of standard components that can be quickly utilized to create applications from a simple tool to a complex distributed web application.
circuits was created by and is primarily maintained by James Mills
- Fixed documentation generation
circuits.core.manager: Deprecated the use of the sleep parameter/argument in Manager.start(...) and Manager.run(...) in favor of sleeping for the specified circuits.core.manager.TIMEOUT when/iif there are no tick functions to process (eg: Timer, pollers, etc)
- – If aftering processing Tick Functions there are no resulting
events to process then a sleep will occur for circuits.core.TIMEOUT seconds.
circuits.core.Manager: Call self.stop right at the end of normal termination for script-like systems (eg: examples/cat.py)
circuits.core.Manager: If a KeyboardInterrupt or SystemExit exception is raised during a Tick Function, then re-raise it.
- circuits.web.http: Fixed a bug with HTTP streaming
- circuits.io: Fixed exceptions not being caught during shutdown
- tests.core.test_bridge: Fixed and passing again :)
- circuits.web.wsgi: Fixed a bug discovered when trying to deploy a circuits.web WSGI Application using the uwsgi server. In the case of an empty request body from the client being passed thorugh uwsgi to circuits.web - No Content-Length would be provided, but also any attempt to read from wsgi.input would block causing uwsgi to timeout
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size circuits-1.3.1-py2.6.egg (353.7 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.6||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size circuits-1.3.1.tar.gz (445.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|