Asynchronous Component based Event Application Framework
circuits is a Lightweight Event driven and Asynchronous Application Framework for the Python Programming Language with a strong Component Architecture. circuits also includes a lightweight, high performance and scalable HTTP/WSGI web server (with some similar features to CherryPy) as well as various I/O and Networking components.
circuits has a clean architecture and has no required external dependencies. It has a small footprint and delivers a powerful set of features for building large, scalable, maintainable applications and systems. circuits comes with a suite of standard components that can be quickly utilized to create applications from a simple tool to a complex distributed web application.
circuits was created by and is primarily maintained by James Mills
- Fixed several Python 2.5 incompatibilities.
- circuits.web.wsgi: Fixed a bug with writing to the request.body. (Forgot to rewing the StringIO instnace after writing to it)
- Fixed documentation generation
circuits.core.manager: Deprecated the use of the sleep parameter/argument in Manager.start(...) and Manager.run(...) in favor of sleeping for the specified circuits.core.manager.TIMEOUT when/iif there are no tick functions to process (eg: Timer, pollers, etc)
- – If aftering processing Tick Functions there are no resulting
events to process then a sleep will occur for circuits.core.TIMEOUT seconds.
circuits.core.Manager: Call self.stop right at the end of normal termination for script-like systems (eg: examples/cat.py)
circuits.core.Manager: If a KeyboardInterrupt or SystemExit exception is raised during a Tick Function, then re-raise it.
- circuits.web.http: Fixed a bug with HTTP streaming
- circuits.io: Fixed exceptions not being caught during shutdown
- tests.core.test_bridge: Fixed and passing again :)
- circuits.web.wsgi: Fixed a bug discovered when trying to deploy a circuits.web WSGI Application using the uwsgi server. In the case of an empty request body from the client being passed thorugh uwsgi to circuits.web - No Content-Length would be provided, but also any attempt to read from wsgi.input would block causing uwsgi to timeout
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|circuits-1.3.2-py2.5.egg (353.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.5||Feb 1, 2011|
|circuits-1.3.2-py2.6.egg (354.0 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.6||Feb 1, 2011|
|circuits-1.3.2.tar.gz (239.1 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Feb 1, 2011|