CLI Rack - Lightweight set of tools for building pretty-looking CLI applications in Python
Lightweight set of tools for creating pretty-looking CLI applications in Python. This library tends to simplify and unify the approach to structuring CLI related code. At the moment it covers:
- Managing terminal output - verbosity levels, colored output, logger configuration
- Parsing arguments
- Modular application design - each module could extend argument parser with own command
- Modules discovery - scanning packages to find cli extension modules
- Module availability support - module might declare a method to verify if environment is suitable (e.g. all dependencies are present). If not, module will be automatically excluded from CLI interface
- Sync and Async execution manager
More details and documentation is here: https://github.com/corvis/cli-rack
Using unified CLI output:
from cli_rack import CLI CLI.setup() CLI.print_info("This is just a message to user") CLI.print_warn("This is a warning") CLI.print_error("This is an error message") CLI.print_error(ValueError("This is an exception")) CLI.print_data("This text comes to STDOUT, not STDERR")
- Dmitry Berezovsky, author
This module is licensed under MIT. This means you are free to use it in commercial projects.
The MIT license clearly explains that there is no warranty for this free software. Please see the included LICENSE file for details.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.