Command Line Interface Formulation Framework
cliff is a framework for building command line programs. It uses setuptools entry points to provide subcommands, output formatters, and other extensions.
Documentation for cliff is hosted on readthedocs.org at http://readthedocs.org/docs/cliff/en/latest/
- Should commands have an explicit API for checking whether the user can invoke them?
- example show app
- change API for list app to expect a sequence of dictionaries?
- unicode output for python 2 (incompatible with csv?)
- json formatter(s)
- pprint formatter(s)
- pretty but non-table formatter(s)
- shell script formatter(s)? (properties as variable names)
- create a few example commands that use a sqlite database to show how to manage transactions
- switch setup/teardown functions in app to use some sort of context manager?
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size cliff-0.3.tar.gz (104.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|