Library for creating command line interfaces
Clipy - command line interfaces micro-framework
Clipy is simple easy to use micro-framework for creating command line interfaces. You can find documentation at http://packages.python.org/clipy.
Clipy uses launchpad for tracking bug reports, if you are want to report one, please follow the url:
All source code for clipy is on launchpad, versioned with bzr DVCS:
If you want to branch, simply type in terminal:
$ bzr branch lp:clipy
Initial release with the following features:
- Defining single commands with Command class.
- Defining composite commands (commands that consists of subcommans, like svn) with CompositeCommand class.
- Added abstract command loaded for composite commands.
- Command loader implementation, which loads commands via setuptools entry point groups.
- Added Command.chanllenge method for asking user for variable.
- Added Command.ask method for asking user for confirmation.
- Support for defining commands with argument parsers based on argparse.
- Default help command for composite commands.
- Better usage handling within subcommands.
- Commands are stateless now – options, args and context passed in run method directly.
- Composite command behaviour can be parametrized in cases there is no subcommand or unknown one is provided (CompositeCommand.no_command, CompositeCommand.unknown_command methods).
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|clipy-0.4-py2.6.egg (21.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.6|
|clipy-0.4.tar.gz (6.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|