Python library supporting the development of cross-linguistic databases
Python library to support publication of cross-linguistic databases maintained by the Cross Linguistic Linked Data project.
Documentation is available at readthedocs.
Code is at github.
Fixing a bug for pacific centered maps of a single language, where the center coordinates were not corrected accordingly. This fix turned into a refactoring of the GeoJSON generation, reverting back to not using __geo_interface__ since this means sprinkling GeoJSN-creating code over multiple modules.
fixed bug where weird author lists could not be parsed.
fixed bug where the freeze function would fail on non-ascii dataset metadata.
Feature-complete release of the clld framework.
Backwards incompatible changes:
- clld.web.app can now be included like a regular pyramid package. The get_configurator function is gone.
- Pacific centered maps can now be configured using an appconf.ini setting. This setting is in effect across all GeoJSON objects of an app. The method GeoJson.get_coordinates which was used to plug pacific centered coordinates into GeoJson is gone.
- Upon installation clld does now install several command line scripts, to make functionality available which before had to be accessed using per-app scripts.
- bugfix: BibTeX files containing @ within field values could not get parsed correctly.
- feature: The functionality to add google books info gained a cleanup command.
- bugfix: reduce license icon size to play well with the default footer.
- limit sqlalchemy to < 1.0 until tested for productive use.
Various enhancements, see https://github.com/clld/clld/commits/develop for details.
lib.wordpress: More robust detection of post id in wordpress HTML.
Enhanced method of source name creation to be more inline with common standards. Note: This requires the nameparser package.
Added support for using CharisSIL fonts when creating PDFs with Pisa.
- Enhanced usability of helper functions.
- Cache db capabilities in collkey function.
- Now that usage patterns have formed, a new (final) API of the pg_collkey support has been settled on.
- refactored pg_collkey support to keep logic checking for availability of the feature within clld.
- support for collation via pg_collkey (if installed for the database)
- refactored adapter management
- more convenient config directives
- added AudioCol to support display of sentences with audio files in index.
- new helper functions supporting easy creation of license links.
- enhanced DataTable to allow more flexibility in naming of models.
New helper function, refactored imeji support.
Multiple small fixes, see https://github.com/clld/clld/commits/develop for details.
bugfix release: a test data file was not committed, leading to a failing test suite.
- support for deferred column loading
- more flexible jsondump function
- support for external file storage with imeji
bugfix release: fixed broken backwards compatibility of DownloadWidget.
- better support for composite default_order in DataTable
- enhanced css
- icontains function does now provide support for prefix and suffix searches.
- initial basic support for non-local files is implemented.
Bugfixes: - corrected Identifier unique constraint - fixed problem with backward compatibility of common models split.
- more helpers, template functions and config defaults.
- better support for LLOD/datahub.io integration
- new map option base_layer
- refactored clld.db.models.common
- workaround for compatibility with python 3.4
- upgraded DataTables to 1.10.3
- bugfix release.
- value tables for parameter combinations are now sortable.
- bug fixes
- work on docs, including pep257 conformance
- enhanced support for zenodo and datahub.io integration
- added support for filter legends which synch map and datatable.
- better support in DataTable for resources which are not db models.
- upgraded to DataTables 1.10.2.
- added map option to control height of map element.
- removed deployment-specific requirements from app scaffold.
Minor new feature:
- support unfreeze, i.e. database initialization from csv dump.
Minor new features:
- new db.util function as_int,
- added hook to GeoJson adapter to allow features with non-Point geometries,
- more flexible CLLD.Map API.
- support for full-database dumps to csv via dataset.freeze.
- upgraded leaflet, jquery, bootstrap and DataTables.
- support reading dictionaries in standard format (SFM).
New feature: new block in default app layout to allow for addition of brand links in navbar.
New feature: Support for JSON table schemas  for resource indexes.
Bugfix: Fixed #26 where JSON data column was not serialized correctly in csv export.
bugfixing and cleanup
clld does now run on python 2.7 and 3.4 from the same code base.
Minor release to get the source code up to pep8 compliance.
- bootstrap-slider.js upgraded
- fixed bug where volume would appear twice in linearization of bibtex record;
- fixed bug where selecting more than 4 parameters for combination would result in HTTP 500 rather than a warning.
- allow zoom option for maps to be used as default zoom when used in combination with bounds.
- linearization of sources better aligned with unified stylesheet.
- fixes a bug when EnumSymbols were compared with None.
- Added GeoJson adapter for the case where a parameter may have multiple valuesets for the same language.
- Integrate results from searches on Internet Archive into source views.
- Support serialization/deserialization of objects as rows in csv files.
- Better support for RDF dumps.
- Support for deselcting languages in map view.
- Support for icon selection.
- Map configuration via URL parameters.
- Upgraded JqTree lib.
Enhanced test utilities. Better docs.
Added support for common tasks in Alembic migration scripts. Fixed a bug in the RDF serialization of parameters with domain.
Added support for range-operators when filtering DataTables on numeric columns. Fixed a couple of bugs in the serializations of the RDF data.
New API to access registered maps using a method of the request object.
Bugfix release, fixing a critical js bug, where a reserved word was used as property name.
- New hook which allows using custom leaflet map markers with clld maps.
- Fixed bug where wrong order of inclusion of translation dirs would make customized translations impossible.
Resources have a new representation as JSON encoded documents suitable for indexing with Solr.