Python3 bindings and utils for CloudCIX API.
cloudcix is a Python client for the CloudCIX REST API for rapidly building secure, scalable CloudCIX applications.
For more information about CloudCIX, see here.
- Create an account on the CloudCIX Platform
- Retrieve your API Key
- Under the My Membership tab in the sidebar, click on Member Details
- The API Key should be available at the top of the form
- Ensure that you have both Python and pip installed
Installing the cloudcix library
The cloudcix library is installed using the pip module.
Depending on your version of Python, you need to install different versions of cloudcix
- pip3 install -U cloudcix
- pip install -U 'cloudcix<0.3'
The 0.2 releases are the last to support Python2. If you still use Python2 we recommend you upgrade to Python3 as support will be dropped for these versions in time.
In order to run a project, the module requires some settings to exist.
The variables required are as follows:
- CLOUDCIX_API_URL - The base url of the api - Usually https://api.cloudcix.com/ but could change over time
- CLOUDCIX_API_VERSION = 2 - The version of the api
- CLOUDCIX_API_USERNAME - The email of the account that you signed up with
- CLOUDCIX_API_PASSWORD - The password associated with your CloudCIX account
- CLOUDCIX_API_KEY - The API key associated with your CloudCIX Member (see Prerequisites)
These variables can be declared in a settings file, as follows
# In main python script import os os.environ.setdefault('CLOUDCIX_SETTINGS_MODULE', 'my_project.my_settings')
# In my_project/my_settings.py CLOUDCIX_API_URL = 'https://api.cloudcix.com' CLOUDCIX_API_USERNAME = 'EMAIL' # CloudCIX login CLOUDCIX_API_PASSWORD = 'PASSWORD' # CloudCIX password CLOUDCIX_API_KEY = 'NUMBER/CHARACTER STRING' # CloudCIX api key CLOUDCIX_API_VERSION = 2 # CloudCIX version
See here for examples on how to use this library.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.