CloudLaunch is a ReSTful, extensible Django app for discovering and launching applications on cloud, container, or local infrastructure
CloudLaunch is a ReSTful, extensible Django app for discovering and launching applications on cloud, container, or local infrastructure. A live version is available at https://beta.launch.usegalaxy.org/.
CloudLaunch can be extended with your own plug-ins which can provide custom launch logic for arbitrary custom applications. Visit the live site to see currently available applications in the Catalog. CloudLaunch is also tightly integrated with CloudBridge, which makes CloudLaunch natively multi-cloud.
This is an all-new version of CloudLaunch that replaces the original BioCloudCentral launcher. Code for that version is available in the BioCloudCentral branch.
Install Production Version
- Install the cloudlaunch django server
$ pip install cloudlaunch-server
Once installed, You can run django admin commands as follows:
$ cloudlaunch-server django
- Copy cloudlaunchserver/settings_local.py.sample to cloudlaunchserver/settings_local.py and make any desired configuration changes. Make sure to change the value for FERNET_KEYS variable because it is used to encrypt sensitive database fields.
- Prepare the database with:
$ cloudlaunch-server django migrate $ cloudlaunch-server django createsuperuser $ cloudlaunch-server django runserver
- Start the development server and celery task queue (along with a Redis server as the message broker), each process in its own tab.
$ python manage.py runserver $ redis-server & celery -A cloudlaunchserver worker -l info --beat
- Visit http://127.0.0.1:8000/admin/ to define your application and infrastructure properties.
- Visit http://127.0.0.1:8000/api/v1/ to explore the API.
You will probably also want to install the UI for the server. The default UI is available at https://github.com/galaxyproject/cloudlaunch-ui.
Install Development Version
CloudLaunch is based on Python 3.6 and although it may work on older Python versions, 3.6 is the only supported version. Use of virtualenv is also highly advised.
- Checkout cloudlaunch and create environment
$ mkdir launcher && cd launcher $ virtualenv venv -p python3.6 --prompt "(cloudlaunch)" && source venv/bin/activate $ git clone -b dev https://github.com/galaxyproject/cloudlaunch.git $ cd cloudlaunch $ python setup.py develop $ cd django-cloudlaunch $ python manage.py migrate $ python manage.py runserver $ python manage.py createsuperuser
- Follow step 2 onwards from the production instructions above
- First release of the rewritten CloudLaunch on PyPI.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size cloudlaunch_server-2.0.2-py3-none-any.whl (41.1 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 3.6||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size cloudlaunch-server-2.0.2.tar.gz (27.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for cloudlaunch_server-2.0.2-py3-none-any.whl