Command line client for Piazza
Piazza provides a free Q&A platform that is often used in class settings. It is superior to other systems, but has at this time one major flaw. There is no official mechanism to access piazza through python or an API. Thus we have started a small project that simplifies access for us.
This is a prototype and needs many improvements. If you like to work with us let us know your improvements via pull requests and we add them. At present this is hosted at gitlab, but we may move soon to github.
Setup from Development
git clone email@example.com:cloudmesh/piazza.git
git clone https://gitlab.com/cloudmesh/piazza.git
cd piazza python setup.py install piazza
Place a .piazza file in the directory where you like to do that piazza analysis. It is a yaml file of the following format
- email: <PUT YOUR EMAIL YOU USE IN PIAZZA HERE> password: <PUT YOUR PASSWORD THAT YOU USE IN PIAZZA HERE> id: <PUT THE ID OF THE PIAZZA PROJECT HERE, NOT YET SUPPORTD CHANGE FOR NOW IN CODE>
Download all main post (not responses) from a folder where d1 is the folder name
piazza list d1
This will create a file called d1.json. Next print the post in html
piazza convert d1 –html
This will produce a file called d1.html. Next view it with your browser, on OSX you can say simply
Lots of things have to be done.
- [ ] update the format to eiminate non ascii characters
- [ ] replace user ids with names
- [ ] add user management
- [ ] consider using piazza_api
- [ ] statistics for posts
- [ ] integrate responses with flag
- [ ] export to latex
- [ ] implement find/search