Monitoring Orchestrator for Clouds
CloudMon is a monitoring orchestrator for clouds. Cloudmon integrates directly an IaaS plataform (currently works with Apache CloudStack and AWS EC2) with a monitoring plataform (Zabbix).
On the fly, CloudMon will:
- create, delete or change status of zabbix hosts (each host corresponds to an IaaS VM) and even update its configurations (templates, hostgroups, macros…) replicating the changes (created/removed/stopped) ocurred within the VMs.
- Read VMs [resource tags](Tags.md) and take different actions based on its values.
- Associate zabbix hosts to predefined templates or hostgroups.
- Simultaneously monitor multiple Cloud regions (different or same IaaS).
CloudMon works as a Python Daemon that retrieves IaaS data through CloudStack API, AWS EC2 API and/or its event queues, processing that data and taking the proper action in Zabbix through the Zabbix API.
CloudMon requires a Zabbix Agent installed to ensure proper functionality.
CloudMon has been tested and used in CentOS environments and Python 2.7.
## Getting Started
- Read the [documentation](https://cloudmon.readthedocs.io)
- Recommended to create a python virtualenv for CloudMon.
- Install via pip install cloudmon.
- Edit your cloudmon.conf file for your needs. See [Configuration](Configuration.md).
- Create and edit one or more [managers](Managers.md).
- Edit /etc/init.d/cloudmon if needed.
- Run CloudMon with: cloudmon or /etc/init.d/cloudmon start | stop | restart. See [Usage](Usage.md).
## Success Stories
CloudMon has been successfully used by Globo.com to monitor its Cloud Infrastructure.
# Changelog All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size cloudmon-0.3.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (53.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size cloudmon-0.3.0.tar.gz (46.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for cloudmon-0.3.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl