Framework for OpenStack performance testing at scale
Framework for performance testing an OpenStack environment at scale
- Written 100% in Python - CloudPunch is written in the Python language including the sections that stage OpenStack and the tests that run. This was chosen to avoid reliance on other tools.
- Create custom tests - Because tests are written in Python, custom written tests can be ran by simply dropping a file in a folder. These tests are not limited; a test can do anything Python can do.
- Fully scalable - A test can include one instance or hundreds. A couple lines of configuration can drastically change the stress put on OpenStack hardware.
- Test across OpenStack environments - Have multiple OpenStack environments or regions? Run tests across them to see performance metrics when they interact.
- Run tests in an order or all at once - See single metric results such as network throughput or see how a high network throughput can affect network latency.
- JSON and YAML support - Use a mix of JSON or YAML for both configuration and results
## Docker Image Tags
CloudPunch is available as the Docker image target/cloudpunch
- latest - follows the CloudPunch master branch (latest stable version of CloudPunch)
- dev - follows the CloudPunch dev branch (latest unstable version of CloudPunch)
- 1.5.0 - CloudPunch release 1.5.0
Copyright (C) 2017 Target Brands, Inc.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
CloudPunch uses other open source projects:
- Redis - [BSD License](http://redis.io/topics/license)
- FIO - [GPL v2](https://raw.githubusercontent.com/axboe/fio/master/MORAL-LICENSE)
- iPerf3 - [BSD License](https://raw.githubusercontent.com/esnet/iperf/master/LICENSE)
- JMeter - [Apache License](https://www.apache.org/licenses/)
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size cloudpunch-1.5.0-py2-none-any.whl (84.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for cloudpunch-1.5.0-py2-none-any.whl