Cloudsmith Command-Line Interface (CLI)
The Cloudsmith Command Line Interface (CLI) is a Py2/Py3 text-based interface to the API. This allows users, machines and other services to access and integrate smoothly with Cloudsmith without requiring explicit plugins or tools.
The CLI currently supports the following commands:
- check: Check the status/version of the service.
- delete: Delete a package from a repository.
- docs: Launch the help website in your browser.
- push: Push/upload a new package to a repository.
- status: Get the synchronisation status for a package.
- token: Retrieve your API authentication token/key.
- whoami: Retrieve your current authentication status.
There are two configuration files used by the CLI:
- config.ini: For non-credentials configuration.
- credentials.ini: For credentials (authentication) configuration.
By default, the CLI will look for these in the following locations:
- The current working directory.
- A directory called cloudsmith in the OS-defined application directory. For example:
- Linux: $HOME/.config/cloudsmith
- Windows: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\cloudsmith
Both configuration files use the simple INI format, such as:
# Default configuration [default] api_key='1234567890abcdef1234567890abcdef' # Profile-based configuration (not working yet) [profile:cloudsmith] api_key='fedcba0987654321fedcba0987654321'
You can specify the following configuration options:
- api_key: To specify the authentication key/token for API access.
TODO: Provide a list of examples for the CLI tool.
Yes! Please do contribute, this is why we love open source. Please see CONTRIBUTING.md for contribution guidelines when making code changes or raising issues for bug reports, ideas, discussions and/or questions (i.e. help required).
To make a new release for cloudsmith-cli follow the procedure for virtualenv setup then:
$ bumpversion <major|minor|revision>
A tag will automatically created along with the version bump commit.
This quality product was brought to you by Cloudsmith and the fine folks mentioned in CONTRIBUTORS.md.