Bike sharing at your terminal
Have you ever thought
Damn, I wish I could check the status of my local bike sharing network on a terminal
Well, now with cmdbikes you can!
If your network is not supported, add an issue or a PR on pybikes.
$ pip install cmdbikes
$ cmdbikes show --help Usage: cmdbikes show [OPTIONS] ADDRESS Display status of station on a given address. Options: --geocode / --no-geocode Geocode station positions into a readable address -n INTEGER Number of stations to show. --color / --no-color Use colors on output --json Return JSON representation --help Show this message and exit.
Check the list of supported networks
$ cmdbikes ls Argentina  ├ Buenos Aires (Ecobici) └ Rosario (Mi bici tu bici) Australia  ├ Melbourne (Melbourne Bike Share) ├ Brisbane (CityCycle) ├ Curtin University, Perth, WA (Curtin Bike Share) └ Melbourne, AU (Monash BikeShare) Austria  ├ Wien (Citybike Wien) ├ Wachau (LEIHRADL) ...
- Fix wrong colors on full stations
- Add MIT License
- Fix bikes / slots bar not showing up on python 2
- Fix issues with google geocoder. Now uses OSM Nominatim: since some stations are on OSM, they do not return a house number, which makes addresses pointless.
- Fix bug with -n flag and stations
- Add –json flag for valid JSON output
- Disable distance checking for network, as it gives out false positives
- First release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.