Django CMS articles management plugin
It is a simple plugin that allows you to organize you article pages in a manner of a blog. It does not break original page publishing workflow, but has some tricks to gather articles into a blog app.
It works fine and tested under Python 2.7. The following libraries are required
- Django >= 1.5
- django-cms >= 3.0 (we recommend to use Django CMS 3.0 and higher, contact us if you need prior CMS versions supports and have some issues)
$ pip install cmsplugin-articles
Configure installed apps in your settings.py
INSTALLED_APPS = [ # django contrib and django cms apps 'cmsplugin_articles', ]
Migrate your database
django-admin.py migrate cmsplugin_articles
- Create a page in a common way, it will be a root page, an articles list;
- Add ArticlesPlugin to the page to you content placeholder, this will show a list of published articles;
- Create an article page as a child page, it will be shown automatocally in the list.
You can customize this plugin by overriding the following templates
- cms/plugins/articles.html (plugin template layout)
- cms/plugins/article_teaser.html (if you want to change teaser template, e.g. use
easy-thumbnailsfor teaser images)
- cms/plugins/articles_pagination.html (pagination templates, if you want to add extra css classes or so)
- Python 3 support
The changelog can be found at repo’s release notes
Fork the repo, create a feature branch then send me pull request. Feel free to create new issues or contact me via email.