Django CMS articles management plugin
It is a simple plugin that allows you to organize you article pages in a manner of a blog. It does not break original page publishing workflow, but has some tricks to gather articles into a blog app.
It works fine and tested under Python 2.7. The following libraries are required
- Django >= 1.5
- django-cms >= 3.0 (we recommend to use Django CMS 3.0 and higher, contact us if you need prior CMS versions supports and have some issues)
$ pip install cmsplugin-articles
Configure installed apps in your settings.py
INSTALLED_APPS = [ # django contrib and django cms apps 'cmsplugin_articles', ]
Migrate your database
django-admin.py migrate cmsplugin_articles
- Create a page in a common way, it will be a root page, an articles list;
- Add ArticlesPlugin to the page to you content placeholder, this will show a list of published articles;
- Create an article page as a child page, it will be shown automatocally in the list.
You can customize this plugin by overriding the following templates
- cms/plugins/articles.html (plugin template layout)
- cms/plugins/article_teaser.html (if you want to change teaser template, e.g. use easy-thumbnails for teaser images)
- cms/plugins/articles_pagination.html (pagination templates, if you want to add extra css classes or so)
- Python 3 support
The changelog can be found at repo’s release notes
Fork the repo, create a feature branch then send me pull request. Feel free to create new issues or contact me via email.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size cmsplugin-articles-0.2.2.tar.gz (10.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|