Coroutines and asynchronous I/O using enhanced generators from python 2.5, including a enhanced WSGI server.
This is a library for network oriented, coroutine based programming.
cogen’s goal is to enable writing code in a synchronous and easy manner in the form of generators that yield calls and receive the result from that yield. These calls translate to asynchronous and fast os calls in cogen’s internals.
- a WSGI server, HTTP1.1 compliant, with asynchronous extensions
- use epoll, kqueue where supported, select based otherwise
- a Queue with the same interface as the standard library Queue, but for coroutines
Programming with cogen library should be straightforward, similar with programming threads but without all the problems. A coroutine is just a generator wrapped in a operation handling class:
@coroutine def mycoro(bla): result = yield <operation> result = yield <operation>
- the operation instructs the scheduler what to do with the coroutine: suspend it till something happens, add another coro in the scheduler, raise a event and so on.
- if a operation has a result associated then the yield will return that result (eg. a string or a (connection, address) tuple) otherwise it will return the operation instance.
Echo server example
from cogen.core import sockets from cogen.core import schedulers from cogen.core.coroutine import coroutine @coroutine def server(): srv = sockets.Socket() print type(srv) srv.bind(('localhost',777)) srv.listen(10) while 1: print "Listening..." conn, addr = yield srv.accept() print "Connection from %s:%s" % addr m.add(handler, args=(conn, addr)) @coroutine def handler(sock, addr): yield sock.write("WELCOME TO ECHO SERVER !\r\n") while 1: line = yield sock.readline(8192) if line.strip() == 'exit': yield sock.write("GOOD BYE") sock.close() return yield sock.write(line) m = schedulers.Scheduler() m.add(server) m.run()
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|cogen-0.1.6-py2.5.egg (99.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.5|
|cogen-0.1.6.zip (243.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|