Cointrader is a trading application for crypto currencies.
Cointrader is Python based CLI trading application for crypto currencies on the Poloniex exchange. Cointrader can be used for semiautomatic guided trading.
You could loose money. Use cointrader at your own risk! I do not accept any responsibility for any losses.
Cointrader is Alpha quality! It is not meant to be used for serious trading yet. It is still in a early development phase and has a bunch full of known defects. Expect all all aspects of the application to change in the future. Cointrader is not roundly tested.
If you want to help cointrader the best Free Software trading bot your contribution is highly appreciated! Find details on how to participate in the documentation.
- Status: Alpha
- Free software: MIT license
- Source: https://github.com/toirl/cointrader
- Documentation: https://cointrader.readthedocs.io.
If you like the program, I am looking forward to a donation :)
- DASH: XypsuUMRTioV7bHSVzSDkNgihtr1gfiqAr
- BTC : 1L5xtVirGVpDL7958SPaHb6p9dHZoaQ2Cz
- Automatic trading. Cointrader will buy and sell following emitted trading signals.
- Semiautomatic trading. Cointrader just emits trading signals. You finally decide if you want to follow the signals.
- Paper trading. Just simlate trading. Do not actually place real orders.
- Trade logbook
- Profit/Loss analysis (Bot vs. Market)
- Backtesting. Check how good your strategy performs on historic charts.
- Explore exchanges and find interesting markets to trade on
- Show your balances
- Risk- and Money management
- Stop loss limits
- Take profit limits
- Pluggable external trading strategies
- Support more exchanges
This program exists because I want to learn more about automatic trading based on a technical analysis of charts. I am no expert on trading or crypto currencies! I am a professional Python programmer who stuck his nose into the crypto coin and trading world in 2017 and who was directly fascinated on this topic. After reading some books on technical analysis I decided to write this program to learn more about how automatic trading works.
First version with real trading functionality. However cointrader has no working trading strategy yet. So the default strategy will do nothing than waiting :). However you can use the interactive mode to buy and sell coins if you want to.
- Added automatic trading. Cointrader will follow the emitted signals from the strategy.
- Added Papertrading. Do trading without any risk. Cointrader will simulate trading.
- Added Tradelog.
- Fixed issue #4 (https://github.com/toirl/cointrader/issues/4) - Use absolute imports. - Renamed contrader modul into bot to prevent namespace issues. - Added missing requirement of the ‘requests’ package.
- Added backtest functionality. Cointrader can simulate trading in backtest mode. In this mode the trade is done on historic chart data. This is useful to check the performance of your trading strategy. Please note that the backtest is not 100% accurate as buy and sell prices are based on the closing price of the currency. This is idealistic and will not reflect the whole market situation.
- Added new “exchange” command. Can be used to calculate how many BTC you get for a certain amount of USD.
- Improved “Usage” documentation
- Changed format of configuration file from JSON to standard python configuration file (.ini)
- Added “balance” command
- Added “explore” command
- First release on PyPI
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size cointrader-0.4.0.tar.gz (32.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size cointrader-0.4.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (25.1 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for cointrader-0.4.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl