CollateX is a collation tool.
CollateX is a software to
- read multiple (≥ 2) versions of a text, splitting each version into parts (tokens) to be compared,
- identify similarities of and differences between the versions (including moved/transposed segments) by aligning tokens, and
- output the alignment results in a variety of formats for further processing, for instance to support the production of a critical apparatus or the stemmatical analysis of a text’s genesis.
- Free software: GPLv3 license
- Documentation: http://collatex.rtfd.org.
- non progressive multiple sequence alignment
- multiple output formats: alignment table, variant graph
How to install:
Mac/Linux: sudo pip install –pre collatex
if you don’t have pip installed, install it first with: sudo easy_install pip
Windows: There is no official Windows binary distribution of pygraphviz, which is needed for SVG rendering of the variant graph. To add SVG support in Windows, before doing the above, install an “unofficial” Windows pygraphviz binary from the link at http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/, along with the main Graphviz file at the link provided there. Then add the path to the graphviz installation (specifically, to dot.exe) to the system path.
from collatex import * collation = Collation() collation.add_witness("A", "The quick brown fox jumps over the dog.") collation.add_witness("B", "The brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.") alignment_table = collate(collation)
When running from the command shell run the example script with:
When using IPython Notebook a nice HTML representation of the alignment table is shown when the collate function is called. When using a textual Python prompt add
to show the results. Output can also be shown as a graph instead of a table when graphviz and pygraphviz are installed:
- Fixed handling of segmentation parameter in pretokenized JSON function.
- Added Windows support. Thanks to David J. Birnbaum.
- Fixed handling of IPython imports.
- Added JSON output to collate method.
- Added option to collate method to enable or disable parallel segmentation.
- Added table output to collate_pretokenized_json method, next to the already existing JSON output.
- Cached the suffix and LCP arrays to prevent unnecessary recalculation
- Fixed handling of empty cells in JSON output of pretokenized JSON.
- Fixed compatibility issue when rendering HTML or SVG with IPython 2.1 instead of IPython 0.13.
- Corrected RST syntax in package info description.
- Added pretokenized JSON support.
- Added JSON visualization for the alignment table.
- Fixed imports in init.py, “from collatex import *” now works correctly.
- Added IPython HTML support for alignment table.
- Added IPython SVG support for variant graph.
- Added convenience constructors on Collation object.
- Added horizontal layout for the alignment table visualization, next to vertical one.
- Removed max 6 witness limit in aligner, now n number of witnesses can be aligned.
- Added transposition detection.
- Added alignment table plus plain text visualization.
- Added collate convenience function.
- First release on PyPI.
- First pure Python development release of CollateX.
- New collation algorithm, which does non progressive multiple witness alignment.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|collatex-2.0.0pre7-py2.7.egg (65.1 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.7||Jul 14, 2014|
|collatex-2.0.0pre7.tar.gz (54.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Jul 14, 2014|