Table of contents
- How to use it
New features added:
- add possibility to customize code for a site area or a single content
- choose to put you snippets in the page header or footer)
However this feature is still generic… you could probably use it for other error code (like ValueError) if this make any sense for you!
When more than a provided path match the current URL, the most specific ones is used.
This kind of rule has a policy selection.
- The default one (“to the whole subtree”) is for applying the rule to the whole subtree.
- Using “only to the context” you can choose to apply the analytics code only to the content and not to sub-contents inside it.
- Using “to the context and non-folderish children” you are applying the analytics code only to the content, and to all sub-contents inside it that are not folders.
This last policy seems a little complex, but there are analytics tools (at least: Piwik) where this can be useful to define custom reports for sections of the site.
As the concept of “folder” in Plone can change with different add-ons installed, this last policy take care of using as “folder” what is defined in the “Folderish types” configuration option.
The Plone native “Folder” type is selected by default.
You can also use this product for hiding analytics code from specific site areas or error pages, leaving a default one for the rest of the site.
Just configure options with empty code!
This product has been tested on:
- Plone 3.3 (read below)
- Plone 4.2
- Plone 4.3
It’s based on plone.app.registry that it not part of Plone on 3.3 version. You need to be sure that a compatible version is used (in my experience: use plone.app.registry 1.0b1 and plone.registry 1.0).
Developed with the support of:
All of them supports the PloneGov initiative.
- Fix bug that prevented viewlet from being shown on plone sites located in subfolders (eg. /project/Plone) which is quite common when ZODB mountpoints are used. [fRiSi]
- Fixed a bug that randomly hit the installation (See #2) [keul]
- Fixed translations not shown in vocabulary [keul]
- You can now choose to put analytics before the body tag or near the end of it. This close #1
- Italian i18n fixes [keul]
- Added a way to set rules for subsections and leaf contents inside (subcontents that are not folderish) [keul]
- Some styles fixes in the management panel [keul]
- Added new option: apply_to_subsection
- Added the “autoresize” CSS class for textareas (in the case you also use collective.autoresizetextarea) [keul]
- Initial release