'Transforms' toolbar in Image and News Item to perform image transformations
The solely intention of this product is to show in Image and News Item content types an icon-toolbar viewlet in the plone.abovecontentbody viewlet manager.
By keeping the user in the same page and requiring less clicks and page loads we intend to ease applying transformations in the images.
This is an alternative to collective.atimage.transformmenu.
- Toolbar is in plone.abovecontentbody viewlet manager for Image and News Item
- Performs image transformations with AJAX to prevent reloading the page
- i18n support by using atcontentypes and plone i18n domains.
- Tested in Plone 3.3.5 and Plone 4.0
- ‘Transforms’ tab is hidden in Image objects as its functionalities are now provided by the toolbar.
Add collective.atimage.transformtoolbar to the list of eggs to install, e.g.:
[buildout] ... eggs = ... collective.atimage.transformtoolbar
Tell the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to install a ZCML slug:
[instance] recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance ... zcml = collective.atimage.transformtoolbar
Re-run buildout, e.g. with:
You can skip the ZCML slug if you are using Plone 3.3 or if you are going to explicitly include the package from another package’s configure.zcml file.
Icons below were renamed to ease the implementation of this solution:
- shape_flip_vertical: transform-0.gif
- shape_flip_horizontal: transform-1.gif
- shape_rotate_anticlockwise: transform-2.gif
- shape_rotate_clockwise: transform-4.gif
transform-3.gif icon is an adaptation of shape_flip_horizontal.
- Fixed icon for vertical axis / horizontal axis transformations
- Added simplejson dependency, which is used to automatically create JSON from Python objects (thanks to kojiro)
- Change http headers for JSON responses: added content-length, changed mimetype for application/json (thanks to MacYET3)
- Test updated according to above changes
- Tested in Plone3.3.5 and Plone4.0
- New test cases with News Items and Page objects and with AJAX interactions
- Viewlet is only shown in News Item when it has an image
- Enables Transform toolbar for News Items
- Toolbar viewlet manager in Image is changed to make it consistent with News Item (plone.abovecontentbody)
- Image update with AJAX now reloads the whole image tag instead of just src attribute to prevent width/height constraints
- Performs transformations with AJAX (jQuery)
- Keeps “Transform” tab hidden if collective.atimage.transformmenu is installed
- Necessary i18n taken from plone domain
- Initial release
- Hides “Transform” tab in ATImage by means of generic setup extension profile
- Adds “Transform” toolbar in ATImage with the available transformations
- i18n taken from Products.ATContentTypes
- Tested in Plone 3.3.5 and Plone4.03b
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size collective.atimage.transformtoolbar-1.2.3.tar.gz (23.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for collective.atimage.transformtoolbar-1.2.3.tar.gz