Automatic scaling of (too large) images in Plone sites
This package allows automatic scaling of too large images in Plone sites. Images can be either Image content type or any Image field on content types.
This is totally transparent to the user (except if you choose to show message).
There is also a view (@@resize-images) that you can call to scale existing images (under the context of your choice), for example :
- Enable automatic scaling (yes / no)
- Maximum height at which images will be automatically resized (in pixels)
- Maximum width at which images will be automatically resized (in pixels)
- Show information message to user when images have been resized (yes / no)
- You configure collective.autoscaling to have images with maximum size of height 800px / width 1200px.
- You upload a big image : height 2000px / width 4000px.
- It will be resized to height 600px / width 1200px (aspect ratio is of course preserved).
This add-on works only with Dexterity content types.
It has been developed on Plone 4.3.7.
This product has been translated into
Install collective.autoscaling by adding it to your buildout:
[buildout] ... eggs = collective.autoscaling
and then running bin/buildout
- Issue Tracker: https://github.com/collective/collective.autoscaling/issues
- Source Code: https://github.com/collective/collective.autoscaling
The project is licensed under the GPLv2.
- Laurent Lasudry, Original Author [Affinitic]
- Espen Moe-Nilssen
- Initial release. [laulaz]