Plone-integration for MailChimp RSS-campaigns.
This package makes it easy to designate content into one or more named feeds, suitable for creating automated newsletter content.
It extends the base content schema for any Archetypes-based content which lets editors easily manage which feeds (if any) that a given item should be listed under.
Designed for the MailChimp internet service, the package also includes a subscription portlet that optionally lists a subset of interest groups.
Plone 3 and 4 (all versions).
First, install the product using Plone’s add-on control panel.
This register a control panel, and adds a number of required indexes and columns to the catalog.
Visit the “MailChimp RSS” control panel to define one or more feeds.
Enable one or more feeds for your content by clicking “Edit” and selecting from the “Feeds” option.
- Configure a MailChimp API-key (also available in the control panel).
- Add one or more subscription portlets.
In the out of the box configuration, only the default dublin core metadata will be returned in RSS feeds.
If a view rss-summary is registered for the item, the template will call this view and include it as the RSS summary field (marked as CDATA). The string should be HTML.
The product is currently localized into:
Contributions are welcome!
- Provide title explicitly; the RSS template checks for this attribute using explicit acquisition.
- Added optional portlet description field.
- Fixed bug that would make the schema extension fail with Archetypes-based content.
- Do not extend schema (or add via behavior) if product is not installed (settings not available).
- Use “Publishing date” when feed schedule is unset.
- The feed now only includes items in the ‘published’ workflow state.
- Fixed issue on Archetypes where the feed schedule date would default to today’s date (instead of None).
- Fixed issue where effective_date would return 0 due to explicit acquisition. The attribute is now declared as “acquired” which informs the explicit wrapper to yield the contained attribute.
- Fixed issue where an RSS-feed would fail for content which does not provide a getText method.
Fixed issue where the Archetypes schema extender would replace existing fields (if using the same names), for example "feeds".
Instead, the extender now ignores such content types (a warning is logged).
- Plone 3 compatibility.
- Fixed issue where subscription using first name only (single name, when split on space) would cause an exception.
- Bump schedule date to today’s date on moderation, if date is in the past. This ensures that the item will be shown on the moderation screen.
- Fixed issue with custom schema mutator which would not function correctly with schema caching; we are able to work around it using Archetypes’ storage API directly.
- Fixed incorrect package dependency.
- Add support for configuring an RSS summary display of included items.
- Add support for Dexterity-based content.
- Make content moderation requirement optional.
- Add link to content for moderation.
- The moderation portlet now correctly gets the class 'portletModeration'.
Added simple approval system where items are explicitly made available after some date, and separately approved (guarded by a custom permission).
To upgrade, you must run the “catalog” setup step and perform the require indexing.
- Initial public release.