This is an add-on for Plone to provide some content management metadata essentials.
Even if they are several fields, they complement each other to build a set of useful features for managing and maintaining websites.
It may come as a surprise to some that we don’t have this in Plone already. We store and index the creator of content (a mostly useless value) and we manage an owner role on content, a permission rule not indexed for practical use. The responsible person is the person that owns the content and is responsible for keeping it updated.
The expiry date field in Plone is not very useful and not often used beyond checkboxes in feature comparisons. This field, the validity date, is more useful: It is always set when saving an object (like the versioning note) from a vocabulary of dates in the future (1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year from now). Whenever the object is saved, the date is set in the future.
When the date approaches, the responsible person will be notified that his content is about to expire. It will also be visible in her review lists. For updating it, all she needs to do is to open the content and save it again, effectively setting the expiry date some time in the future. If the content does expire, it will, according to site policy, either be archived/made unavailable/hidden, or visibly marked as obsolete/unmaintained.
Views and actions needed
- My content
- a screen of content i am responsible for and its status Perhaps batch operations on it perhaps batch assign to someone else
- New document byline
- the responsible person, not the creator alternatively a portlet with a photo and contact details of the responsible person
- a new ownership form which sets this field along with the owner role
- a global change ownership form for when you delete/deactivate users.
- Prevent the default value to be set during indexing, to prevent breaking ZCatalog internal structures. [mj]
You’ll need to run http://url.to.your/plone-site/@@cleanup-catalog-ghosts to repair a broken ZCatalog after upgrade.
- Initial release [ggozad]
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size collective.contentgovernance-1.1.zip (31.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for collective.contentgovernance-1.1.zip