Augments the standard Plone discussion tool to add basic approvals workflow, and ibetter indexing of comment metadata (number of comments, who has commented?)
This package provides some enhancements to Plone’s standard commenting functionality. It attempts to keep as much of the existing commenting machinery as possible, but adds the following features:
IObjectAddedEventis fired when a discussion item (described by the interface
Products.CMFCore.interfaces.IDiscussionResponse) is created.
- Similarly, an
IObjectRemovedEventis fired when a discussion item is deleted.
- Content items gain two additional catalogue indexes:
number_of_comments, which contains the number of comments left on a content item, and
commentators, which contains a list of unique usernames of those who have left one or more comments on the content item.
number_of_commentsis also available as catalogue metadata.
- Collections are configured so that it is possible to search by these indexes. For example, the ‘Current author’ criterion can be used to list all content items upon which the current user has left a comment.
- Discussion items gain an additional catalogue metadata column,
comment_subject, which contains the title of the content item that was commented upon (note that this is not updated if the content item changes title).
- Discussion items will respect the workflow set in portal_workflow. By default, the
one_state_workflowis used, which means a comment is always published. An additional
comment_review_workflowis installed, which has two states:
published. Comments may either be published or deleted.
- A new view, @@review-comments, is available for any folder or the portal root. This allows site-wide (or folder-wide) moderation of comments, with quick publish/delete operations.
Note that the @@review-comments view makes a few assumptions:
- Comments pending review are always in the
pendingstate. You can add a
review_staterequest parameter to specify a different state to search for, however.
- There is a transition called
publishto move a comment from
published. You can request a different transition by providing a request parameter
number_of_commentsindex will only include comments in the
- Neither the
Clear and rebuild, nor the
Update security settingsoperation will correctly find and update comments, due to the way that comments are stored.
This product requires Plone 3.3+ (and will likely not work with Plone 4). In
particular, it relies on
plone.indexer, which is part of Plone 3.3+.
1.0b2 - 2009-04-17
- Catch up to Plone 3.3
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size collective.discussionplus-1.0b2.tar.gz (18.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for collective.discussionplus-1.0b2.tar.gz