Etherpad-lite integration in Plone
This addon integrate etherpad into the Plone CMS. It is a way to get Collaborating in really real-time on document.
Etherpad is an Open Source online editor providing collaborative editing in really real-time powered by Node.js
How to install
This addon can be installed as any other Plone addons. Please follow the official documentation.
You must install etherpad-lite and configure it. If you want to deploy it using buildout you can referer to the provided buildout of this addon on github. It is important that your etherpad is on the same domain as your Plone site (using a reserved path) to let cookies working properly and so your users being authenticated in Plone to be authenticated in etherpad.
You will probably have to install etherpad dependencies: NodeJS and NPM <https://npmjs.org/>. Under Linux, type
``apt-get install nodejs npm``
Running etherpad needs curl. Under Linux, type:
``apt-get install curl``
How to configure
A set of configuration is available on the configuration registry of Plone (/portal_registry). You should review theses settings and integrate them in your site policy.
Set as value for collective.etherpad.settings.EtherpadSettings.apikey the content of the APIKEY.txt file that fits in the etherpad install folder. If you have installed etherpad with buildout, you’ll find it at collective.etherpad/parts/etherpad-lite/APIKEY.txt.
- JeanMichel FRANCOIS aka toutpt <email@example.com>
- Nothing changed yet.
- Fix packaging
- Added a timeout on api url requests so that task is not blocked when we have a network issue. [thomasdesvenain]
- Reindex when we save the pad. [thomasdesvenain]
- Default pad text is collaboration field text, not description field. [thomasdesvenain]
- Refactor API callable to catch exceptions [toutpt]
- Add dexterity support. The field choice is achieved by looking for an IRichText field in the schema. [toutpt]
- Set logs to DEBUG. [thomasdesvenain]
- i18n fixes. [thomasdesvenain]
- fix cookie path when behind a proxy (virtualhostmonster) [kiorky]
- Initial release