Provides folderish types as a replacement for some ATContentTypes
Provides the types “Folderish Event”, “Folderish News Item” and “Folderish Document” as replacements for their ATContentTypes equivalents. Those types are able to hold any other content, like a Folder.
There is a “portlet” profile, which installs a portlet to show the contents of an folderish type.
You can limit the types, which can be added to FolderishTypes by providing a Generic Setup import type configuration.
The reason for this package is, that in my experience it’s easier to group related content together at one place. An article about something fancy might have an image gallery associated with it as well as some pdf-downloads. With this package you can put everyting inside the article. Another use case is that you can structure content hierarchically and don’t need to define “default pages” - a concept hard to understand and handle (see: http://www.sixfeetup.com/blog/plone-vs.-drupal-core-features-comparison )
Alexander Limi also wished folderish content back in 2008: “#10: Content re-use is overrated — people like folderish” http://limi.net/articles/18-things-i-wish-were-true-about-plone/
If you use plone.app.event, please configure the Folderish_Event type to use the @@event_view instead of the event_view.
How To create own content types based on collective.folderishtypes
You can subclass the content classes from collective.folderishtypes.content and use it’s schema to create own content types based on collective.folderishtypes, as you would do to subclass for any other Archetypes based content type.
How to migrate non-folderishtypes to folderish ones
Non-folderish content types are missing some btree attributes, which folderish content types have (See Products.BtreeFolder2.BTreeFolder2Base._initBtrees ).
plone.app.folder provides an upgrade view to migrate pre-plone.app.folder (or non-folderish) types to the new Btree based implementation (defined in: plone.app.folder.migration.BTreeMigrationView).
To upgrade your non-folderish content types to folderish ones, just call @@migrate-btrees on your Plone site root, and you’re done.
- Depend on z3c.jbot, so that overriding folder_listing and folder_summary_view might also work at IPloneSite root.
- Write tests
- See, if this portlet is useful: https://github.com/RedTurtle/collective.portlet.localcontents
- Johannes Raggam <raggam-nl [at] adm [dot] at> (Author)
- Robert Niederrreiter <rnix [at] squarewave [dot] at>
- Remove bobo_traverse in Foldersh News Item, since plone.app.imaging does the traversing. [thet]
- Remove vCalendar action entry from FTI config of Folderish Event. [thet]
- More documentation: How To create own content types based on collective.folderishtypes, How to migrate non-folderishtypes to folderish ones. [thet]
- Update translations and translate folder_listing. [thet]
- Add z3c.autoinclude.plugin entry point. [thet]
- Let the folderish types derive from Products.ATContentTypes ATFolder instead of plone.app.folder’s implementation. It inherits some i18n classes. This fixes the issue that on translation of folderish types LinguaPlone’s translation view wasn’t shown. [thet]
- Give the original, non-folderish types another title, so that they can be easily kept apart from the folderish ones. [thet]
- For folderish events, move the location field back to the main schemata. [thet]
- Allow discussions from plone.app.discussion on Folderish Types. [thet]
- CSS fix [rnix]
- Removed folderish=True when finalizing the schema, which prevented relateditems from being displayed. Updated import to plone.app.folder. [agitator]
- Fix meta types in FTI to follow consistent conventions. [rnixx]
- For Folderish Event, use plone.app.event’s ATEvent implementation if available. [thet]
- Add a custom style class for the contextual contents portlet based on the portlet’s name. [thet]
- Add a contextual contents portlet, which shows the contents of folderish types in a portlet. [thet]
- No Changes, release as 1.0 final. [thet]
- Updated documentation: Missing viewlet issue. [thet]
- Locales Update. [thet]
- Add types to image_types in portal_atct to allow image scale recreation. [thet]
- Add HistroyAwareMixin and configure types to be versionable. [thet]
- Remove folderish_listing_viewlet, since there is already a portlet which can be used. [thet]
- Include CSS via link instead of import, which can then be better processed by XML manipulation tools like Deliverance or Diazo. [thet]
- More explicit content-icons background styles which don’t override background-color. [thet]
- Use plone.app.imaging scales - apply a schema patch to FolderishNewsItem. [thet]
- Fixed traversing to image scales for FolderishNewsItem. Subclasses should implement __bobo_traverse__ too. [thet]
- Add rolemap.xml for generic setup to have proper configured permissions. [thet]
- Make portlet registration optional and register portlets only for folderish types. [thet]
- Updated folder_listing.pt and folder_summary_view.pt to current Plone trunk. [thet]
- Initial release