Various GenericSetup handlers and CMFQuickInstaller enhancements
This package is my grab bag of patches to GS and portal_quickinstaller I use in my client work. It is unstable, unpolished, subject to my whim, and really should be experimental.gsqi. If, however, the same GenericSetup and portal_quickinstaller quirks and bugs bother you, or the same conveniences are of value to you, you might want to look at whats in it.
Also included are a number of perhaps naughty extensions to the CMF content import handler.
- Permissive registrations of the StructureFolderWalkingAdapter so that folders under the profile’s “structure” folder with the same name as in the container’s .objects file can be used to import any kind of content object, not just folders. This allows, amongst other things, creating topics/collections and criteria on import.
- Set arbitrary AT fields on import using the options under the [FIELDS] section of .properties as field names and the option values as field values. If field.multiValued is True, then the option value will be split on newlines and each value stripped.
- Reindex imported objects so that imported titles, descriptions, and any other AT fields are reflected in the catalog and portal navigation after import.
- Set local roles on import where each option under the [ROLES] section of .properties is the principal/user id and the roles assigned to that principal are taken from the option value split at newlines with each item stripped.
- Do each workflow transition listed under the “transitions” option of the [DEFAULT] section of .properties. The option value is split at newlines with each item stripped.
- Set display layout using the layout option in the [DEFAULT] section of .properties
Here’s a sample .properties file demonstrating all these extensions:
[DEFAULT] title = News and Events description = Site News and Events transitions = publish layout = aggregator [ROLES] Marketers = Contributor [FIELDS] excludeFromNav = True constrainTypesMode = 1 locallyAllowedTypes = Event News Iem immediatelyAddableTypes = Event News Iem
Also included is GSML which allows implementing GS import handlers as you would implement ZCML directive handlers. Some import handlers are included in collective.gsqi that make use of GSML.
0.3 - 2009-08-23
- More permissive StructureFolderWalkingAdapter registration
- Use AT field set method directly so that mode ‘r’ fields can still be imported
- Add support for setting content display layout on GS content import
0.2 - 2009-06-27
- Make the content properties importers apply even when the content already exists. IOW, hook into the importer rather than into makeInstance.
- Add support for importing AT references
- Incorporate fixes for http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/8350 from b_mathieu.
- Add support for importing groups
- Fix handling of profiles with XML for a given step
- Add support for ZCML based GenericSetup import handlers
- Fix DCWokflow’s exportimport handling of groups
0.1 - 2009-04-07
- Initial release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.