An add-on for Plone
This product will let you categorize created content using a category identified by an icon.
A dexterity behavior can be enabled and will add a field “content category” that will list available categories defined in a configuration.
So you first have to define the categories by adding a ContentCategoryConfiguration somewhere. Then add a CategoryGroup on which some extra features may be activated :
- is content confidential?
- is content an element to print?
- is content an element to sign?
If activated, these fields will be available on the content using the behavior.
Then into a CategoryGroup, you will be able to add ContentCategory that are characterized by a title and an icon. These ContentCategory elements will be the terms of a vocabulary used to select a category on a content using the behavior.
This package is widely overridable and is made to manage many usecases of iconified categories.
A element that contains categorized content will display a special widget where categorized content are grouped by ContentCategory behind an icon.
A table view is also available listing categorized contents with more details.
Screenshots to come…
Install collective.iconifiedcategory by adding it to your buildout:
[buildout] ... eggs = collective.iconifiedcategory
and then running bin/buildout
The project is licensed under the GPLv2.
- Martin Peeters, Original Author [Affinitic]
- In actionview.BaseView, moved the ObjectModifiedEvent from the __call__ to the set_values method so using it directly updates the categorized_elements of the parent. [gbastien]
- Use a specific static resourceDirectory for images. [gbastien]
- Call actionview._may_set_values in IconClickableColumn.is_editable to avoid double logic. [gbastien]
- Fixed migration that adds to_sign/signed relevant data to the categorized_elements of the parent containing categorized contents. Execute the update with limited=False and do not care about already migrated content, do the update on every found elements. [gbastien]
- Added tests for the SignedChangeView view especially the loop among possible to_sign/signed combination values. [gbastien]
- Do not break when deleting an element having a content_category if container does not have the categorized_elements dict. [gbastien]
- Improved some translations. [gbastien]
- Factorized the way categories and subcategories are get for the content_category vocabularies collective.iconifiedcategory.categories and collective.iconifiedcategory.category_titles so it is easy to override and we rely on same method for both vocabularies that needs same source. [gbastien]
- Added management of to_sign and signed attributes like it is the case for to_print and confidential attributes. Both attributes are used behind a single action signed that have 3 options : not to sign, to sign and signed. [gbastien]
- Default values for to_print, confidential and to_sign/signed are now managed in the IObjectAddedEvent no more in the content_category setter, this way every attribtues are managed the same way because to_print and confidential are simple attributes where to_sign/signed can come from the Scan metadata behavior of collective.dms.scanbehavior. [gbastien]
- Added possibility to show/hide details about to_print, confidential, to_sign/signed in the categorized elements tooltipster.
- Make portal available on the tabview instance. [gbastien]
- Reverted changes from releases 0.19 and 0.20, we do not bypass can_view if element is not confiential because can_view could take into account other elements than confidential. [gbastien]
- Make sure we correctly bypass can_view in utils._check_van_view when element is not confidential in case we do not receive obj but categorized_elements. [gbastien]
- Factorized call to _check_can_view from utils and views so we are sure that the check is only done if obj is confidential. This fix a bug where can_view check was done for not confidential obj and raised an error on @@download even though it was displayed in the categorized elements table. [gbastien]
- Added missing translation when updating categorized elements using the @@update-categorized-elements view. [gbastien]
- Use icon_expr instead content_icon on the types fti to define the icon. Actually we want to define no icon as the type icon is displayed using CSS. [gbastien]
- Added one additional level to the content_category generated by utils.calculate_category_id to avoid same content_category generated for different category group. [gbastien]
- Added parameter sort=True to utils.update_all_categorized_elements to be able to disable time consuming sorting. [gbastien]
- Make the plone.formwidget.namedfile @@download view can_view aware. [gbastien]
- Correctly hide to_print and confidential widgets on add and display view if they were deactivated on the group [mpeeters]
- Add new events to limit updated informations on parent [mpeeters]
- Add an option to update only category informations on parent [mpeeters]
- Adapted translations so it is more understandable. [gbastien]
- Do only call _cookCssResources in category_before_remove if not currently removing the Plone Site. [gbastien]
- Make ICategory.icon a primary field so we may use a simpler download URL that is only the path_to_object/@@download without the file name anymore. This is done to surround a bug in Apache that occurs when the filename contains the % character. [gbastien]
- Generate a CSS class on the <ul> tag of the categorized-childs-infos view that is the AJAX view called when hovering the categorized-childs elements that will give the ability to display the infos on several columns. This is necessary when displaying a large amount of categorized elements using same content_category. The Maximum number of elements to display by columns when displaying categorized elements of same category in the tooltipster widget can be defined in the iconifiedcategory control panel. [gbastien]
- Moved registry parameter filesizelimit to the IIconifiedCategorySettings. [gbastien]
- Added a way to defer call to utils.update_all_categorized_elements in the categorized_content_container_cloned IObjectClonedEvent event handler. [gbastien]
- Makes collective-iconifiedcategory.css cacheable and cookable to avoid recomputing it for every pages. We call portal_css.cookResources when a category is added or moved. Not necessary to recook for subcategory as it uses same CSS class as parent category. [gbastien]
- Do not fail in utils.get_categorized_elements if context does not have the categorized_elements OrderedDict. [gbastien]
- Use a batchSize of 999 in the tabview to show every categorized elements. [gbastien]
- In utils.get_categorized_elements, do not do the catalog query if the categorized_elements dict is empty. [gbastien]
- Only check can_view if current element is confidential, moreover only instanciate the IIconifiedContent adapter to check for can_view when element is confidential. [gbastien]
- Adapted CSS selector that changes font-size of number of categorized elements displayed in the tooltipster [gbastien]
- Added a way to defer the categorized_content_created event and to defer call to utils.update_categorized_elements in the categorized_content_updated event. This way we may manage adding several categorized elements but only updating the categorized_elements dict (including time consuming sorting) at the right time [gbastien]
- Fixed tests to work in both Plone 4.3.7 and Plone 4.3.11 [gbastien]
- Do not fail in categorized-childs-infos if current context does not have the categorized_elements dict [gbastien]
- Use category_uid instead category_id as key for infos dict used by CategorizedChildInfosView, indeed we may have different configurations used on same container for different categorized elements and those configurations may contain categories with same id [gbastien]
- Do not break if icon used for iconified category contains special characters [gbastien]
- Use ajax to display the categorized childs informations [gbastien]
- Display select2 widget larger and with no padding between options so more options are displayed together [gbastien]
- Added option show_nothing=True to the categorized-childs view to be able to show/hide the ‘Nothing’ label when there is no categorized content to display [gbastien]
- Do not fail in utils.sort_categorized_elements if a key is not found, it can be the case when copy/pasting and new element use another configuration [gbastien]
- Sort categorized_elements by alphabetical order into a category, this way it can be directly displayed as it in the tooltipster or in the tabview without having to sort elements again [gbastien]
- Add method IconifiedCategoryGroupAdapter.get_every_categories that gets every available categories. Mainly made to be overrided, it is used in utils.get_ordered_categories to manage the fact that a container could contain categorized elements using different group of categories [gbastien]
- Add a configlet to allow user to sort elements on title on the categorized tab view [mpeeters]
- Ensure that categorized elements are sorted by group folder order [mpeeters]
- Increase speed that show the categorized elements in the tooltipster. [gbastien]
- Do not fail to remove the Plone Site if categories or subcategorie exist. [gbastien]
- Changed icon used with link to More infos. [gbastien]
- Do not fail if subcategory title contains special characters. [gbastien]
- Turn icon more_infos.png into a separated resource, in addition to other resources stored in the static folder declared as resourceDirectory, so it is easy to override. [gbastien]
- Open More infos link in target=_parent so it opens in the _parent frame when displayed in an iframe, namely outside the iframe. [gbastien]
- Initial release. [mpeeters]
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|collective.iconifiedcategory-0.27.tar.gz (71.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Dec 7, 2017|