Extends Plone content with metadata about the last modifier
collective.lastmodifier provides support for storing the user who made the last modification on a content item. It extends Archetypes-based content types with a lastModifier field using schemaextender. Further it registers an index and a metadata column in portal_catalog and enables their usage in collections.
Install collective.lastmodifier by adding it to the list of eggs in your buildout or by adding it as a dependency of your policy package. Then run buildout and restart your instance.
Go to Site Setup of your Plone site and activate the collective.lastmodifier add-on.
Last modifier adapter
In addition to the catalog index and metadata the last modifier adapter provides easy access for getting the last modifier or for setting it:
from collective.lastmodifier.interfaces import ILastModifier last_modifier = ILastModifier(context) last_modifier.get() # returns the user id of the last modifier last_modifier.set(user_id) # sets the last modifier # Or to set the last modifier even easier from collective.lastmodifier.utils import set_last_modifier set_last_modifier(context)
Runs with Plone 4.3.
It is currently only compatible with Archetypes and Dexterity.
This package is copyright by 4teamwork.
collective.lastmodifier is licensed under GNU General Public License, version 2.
- Drop plone 4.2 support [Nachtalb]
- Fix obsolete information in README.rst [Nachtalb]
- Make set_last_modifier reusable [Nachtalb]
- Use IDexterityContent instead of IDexterityItem to match all dexterity contents. [cedricmessiant]
- Let ILastModifier fallback to the creator. [jone]
- Drop Plone 4.1 support. [jone]
- Implement dexterity support. [jone]
- Implement an ILastModifier adapter. [jone]
- Implement uninstall for the package. [jone]
- Cleanup package and declare dependencies. [jone]
- Fix maximum recursion depths in certain testing environments. This is caused by applying the patch multiple times when the ZCML is loaded multiple times. [jone]
- Initial release