Monitoring meta package for Zope/Plone installs
See the doc of http://pypi.python.org/pypi/five.z2monitor
Use zc.monitor and additional plugins to fetch probes via another thread than the one defined in Zope.
Once the instance is running zc.monitor thread listen to another port (127.0.0.1:8888 in this buildout). You can query values using simple python script or nc.
echo 'uptime' | nc -i 1 localhost 8888
Or (when instance is up):
bin/instance monitor stats
telnet 127.0.0.1 8888 dbsize
Currently supported probes:
- cache_size – cache sizes informations
- check_smtp – Check if SMTP is initialize, return number of errors found.
- check_upgrade_steps – Check if all upgrade steps are ran.
- conflictcount – number of all conflict errors since startup
- count_users – the total amount of users in your plone site
- count_valid_users – Count all users connected since 90 days
- cpu_times – ?
- creation_date_plonesite – Get creation date of plonesite object. Default return unix_time (defaut=True) if you want ISO time call ‘False’ attr.
- dates – Return all date probes
- dbactivity – number of load, store and connections on database (default=main) for the last x minutes (default=5)
- dbinfo – Get database statistics
- dbsize – size of the database (default=main) in bytes
- errorcount – number of error present in error_log (default in the root).
- help – Get help about server commands
- interactive – Turn on monitor’s interactive mode
- last_login_time – Get last login time user. Default return unix_time (defaut=True) if you want ISO time call ‘False’ attr.
- last_modified_plone_object_time – Get last modified plone object time. Default return unix_time (defaut=True) if you want ISO time call ‘False’ attr.
- last_modified_zope_object_time – Get last modified zope object time. Default return unix_time (defaut=True) if you want ISO time call ‘False’ attr.
- logstats – ?
- memory_percent – ?
- monitor – Get general process info
- objectcount – number of object in the database (default=main)
- quit – Quit the monitor
- refcount – the total amount of object reference counts
- requestqueue_size – number of requests waiting in the queue to be handled by zope threads
- stats – Stats of all information Products.ZNagios know
- threads – Dump current threads execution stack
- unresolved_conflictcount – number of all unresolved conflict errors since startup
- uptime – uptime of the zope instance in seconds
- zeocache – Get ZEO client cache statistics
- zeostatus – Get ZEO client status information
This package use differents package
Add lines on your buildout:
[instance] ... zope-conf-additional = <product-config five.z2monitor> bind 127.0.0.1:8888 </product-config>
- Note: place names and roles of the people who contribute to this package
- in this file, one to a line, like so:
- Benoît Suttor <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Original Author
- Remove old threadframe dependency package. [bsuttor]
- Add eggs probe. [bsuttor]
- Return unix_time by default, you can still get ISO time with call parameters False. [bsuttor]
- Fix error if last_login is empty. [bsuttor]
- Return date in ISO format [bsuttor]
- Add a probe (dates) which return all probes date. [bsuttor]
- Add last_login_time porbe. [bsuttor]
- Add last_modified_plone_object_time probe. [bsuttor]
- Add last_modified_zope_object_time probe. [bsuttor]
- Date probe are not more in stats probe (from Products.ZNagios). [bsuttor]
- Add creation_date_plonesite probe [bsuttor]
- Return number of smtp errors found. [bsuttor]
- Add count_users probe [bsuttor]
- Initial package [bsuttor]