A set of tools that simplify handling multilingual content in Plone using plone.app.multilingual.
Disclaimer: This package is WORK IN PROGRESS.
Collective.multilingualtools is based on the concepts of collective/slc.linguatools, but this new package works with plone.app.multilingual and both with both dexterity and archetypes.
It aims to offer a handfull of utilities for performing the same action on all translations of an item at the same time, such as
- change workflow status
- rename (change id)
- cut and paste (move)
- set title / description from msgid
- propagate or block portlets
- set or remove properties (such as layout)
- set or remove marker interface
Also, there’s an option to make a copy of any item to all available languages (or a subset), optionally copying individual attributes (title, description, tags, etc).
The interface can use more love for sure. Basically some information about the current object and its translations is dislpayed; below it a list of various possible actions.
After every action, feedback is displayed about the status, in this example after making a copy of a News item into 3 languages:
- Plone >= 4.2
- Proper testing
- travis integration
- Refactor from formlib to z3c.form
- Interface makeover
- Integrate more useful functions from other LinguaPlone-based add-ons, such as valentine.linguaflow
- Use generic IFolderish interface, not an Archetypes-specific one
- JS Bugfix: don’t rely on “jq” being defined [pysailor]
- Initial port from slc.linguatools [pysailor]