News ticker inspired by the one on the BBC News website.
Table of Contents
After installing the product, you should get a portlet on the left side of your site, with a “Manage News Flashes” link. If you want, you can go to @@manage-portlets, remove it and add it somewhere else.
After clicking “Save”, and reloading your site, you should get the news flashes rolling over the top section.
The product includes a configlet, which allows you to customize the news flash. Going to “Site Setup” -> “News Flash Settings” you can:
- Change the title text.
- Change the speed in which the text appears.
- Change the time that the text remains in the screen.
- Hide/Show a widget to control the texts flow.
To enable this product in a buildout-based installation:
Edit your buildout.cfg and add collective.newsflash to the list of eggs to install
[buildout] ... eggs = collective.newsflash
If you are using Plone 4.1 you may need to extend a five.grok known good set (KGS) to make sure that you get the right versions of the packages that make up five.grok:
[buildout] ... extends = http://good-py.appspot.com/release/five.grok/1.2.0-1
After updating the configuration you need to run ‘’bin/buildout’‘, which will take care of updating your system.
Go to the ‘Site Setup’ page in a Plone site and click on the ‘Add-ons’ link.
Check the box next to collective.newsflash and click the ‘Activate’ button.
Note: You may have to empty your browser cache and save your resource registries in order to see the effects of the product installation.
Because you have to know where your towel is.
- Updated Spanish translation and added Brazilian Portuguese translation. [hvelarde]
- Package license is now GPLv2. [hvelarde]
- bugfix: Do not allow anonymous users to access the edit view for newsflashes [frapell]
- bugfix: Do not try to annotate portal object if it’s not the portal object [frapell]
- Initial release.