OpenGraph for plone5
This packages provides Open Graph tags similar to those built in in plone 5. Basically this started as a backport the social media viewlet of plone.app.layout in plone 5 to plone 4. However, in Plone 5.X still misses some extra features and fixes from collective.ogtags, so v2 of collective.ogtags has been made compatible with Plone 5.
What is Open Graph
Open Graph is a specification developed by Facebook to provide information about a webpage. This information is used by social media sites to get title, author, description, url, images and more in order to create a marked up link.
- add collective.ogtags to your eggs and run buildout
- go to the add-ons page in the plone control panel and install collective.ogtags
- If you use custom image fields write an adapter for collective.ogtags.interfaces.IOGTagsImageProvider and your content-type to get this image (optional because collective.ogtags already registers the adapters for generic dexterity and archetype CT searching for “image” and “leadImage” fields)
Go to the ogtags settings in the plone control panel. Provide as much of the following settings as possible:
- Site name:
- Provide the name of your site here.
- Facebook username:
- Provide your facebook username. You can find this by going to your facebook page. The format is: https://www.facebook.com/<facebook_username>
- Facebook app id:
- Provide your facebook app id. Go to https://developers.facebook.com/apps, choose your app and look for your app id in the description.
- Twitter username:
- Provide your twitter name. The @-sign included, for example: @zestsoftware
- Default image:
- Provide the URL to an image to be used in case no other image can be found. By default this will be /logo.png.
Code, issue tracker
- Diederik Veeze (Zest Software) is the creator of collective.ogtags.
- Maurits van Rees (Zest Software) is the maintainer of collective.ogtags.
- Jean-Paul Ladage (Zest Software) is another maintainer of collective.ogtags.
- Fred van Dijk (Zest Software) is another maintainer of collective.ogtags.
- Matteo Parrucci (Bologna university) is a simple contributor of collective.ogtags.
- Update README and pypi classifier, collective.ogtags 2.X is for Plone 5.1 [fredvd]
- Allow Site Administrators to change OGTags in the control panel. Extra permission and upgrade step. [fredvd]
- Plone 5.1 compatibility. Use 1.x branch for Plone 4. [jladage]
- Added pinterest_id to set a Pinterest verification meta key. You need to apply the upgrade step, otherwise the viewlet shows nothing. You may need to go to the Pinterest website and tell them to verify your site. See https://help.pinterest.com/en/articles/confirm-your-website [maurits]
- Select image field via adapter. The default adapters work on dexterity and Archetypes content types and return either the image or the leadImage field. [parruc]
- Fixed double escaping of attributes, for example when you have & in a title. Fixes issue #3. [parruc]
- Fixed hidden Unauthorized error when called on a private folder with a published default page. Show the image of the page anyway in this case, instead of showing the fallback image. [maurits]
- Fixed KeyError on traverse. Fixes https://github.com/collective/collective.ogtags/issues/1 [parruc]
- Moved to https://github.com/collective/collective.ogtags. [maurits]
- Add support namedimagefile images. [jladage]
- Update Dutch translations and add missing en translations. [jladage]
- Improved PyPI page. [maurits]
- Support quintagroup.seoptimizer if it is installed and enabled. We use its title, description and canonical url when set. [maurits]
- prevent generating duplicate image tags [diederik]
- Documentation [diederik]
- Handle images and leadimages correctly. [jladage]
- Initial release [diederik]
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size collective.ogtags-2.0.1.tar.gz (19.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|