The Platform for Experimental Collaborative Ethnography (PECE)
Platform for Experimental Ethnography (PECE)
A collective inquiry in to complex conditions. Development sponsored by Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI).
To install collective.pece you must use feedparser version 5.1.3.
The PECE add-on for Plone is a research tool, currently in use by RPI but available to anyone doing similar research. It features Dexterity Content Types and a Collective Cover integration to enable the creation of an “Asthma File”: a collectively developed document containing artifacts and annotations.
To install PECE functionality on your Plone site, add collective.pece to your list of Plone “instance eggs” in your buildout.cfg file. Run Buildout and restart Plone. Create a new Plone site with the add-on selected:
Or add the functionality to an existing site:
After installation, you should be able to add 6 new content types to your Plone site:
Follow these steps to begin using the PECE functionality in your Plone site.
Add a Question
Questions facilitate Annotations of Artifacts when researchers respond to them in context. Before you do anything else, add an Asthma Question to your site.
An “Asthma File” is produced via the assembly of artifacts and annotations. So next, add some artifacts to your site. E.g.:
Currently only OGG audio supported
Currenly only OGG video supported
Create an Asthma File
Now we can create an Asthma File, which is a collaborative document consisting of multiple Artifacts, Annotations, etc. Made possible via the use of Collective Cover. 
|||Catch 22: We’d like to customize the available types for Cover, but they don’t exist until we install ourselves first. Workaround: customize TTW e.g.|
This add-on provides experimental integration with zotero.com, currently in proof-of-concept stage i.e. there is API connectivity and nothing else. We are waiting for community input to help us decide the first feature.
To configure the demo view, set the following environment variables in your shell before running Plone e.g.:
$ export ZOTERO_API_KEY=dFXmvyQvLMQpdfNs $ export ZOTERO_LIBRARY_ID=1234 $ export ZOTERO_LIBRARY_TYPE=group
Then check: http://localhost:8080/Plone/@@zotero.
PyZotero’s feedparser version spec conflicts with Plone, see: https://github.com/urschrei/pyzotero/issues/29. To work around this issue, override Plone’s feedparser version spec in your buildout.cfg e.g.:
[versions] feedparser = 5.1.3
collective.documentviewer’s Dexterity integration is in alpha stage, see:
0.0.8 - 09/15/2013
- Fix content type titles: Asthma Annotation, Asthma Response
0.0.7 - 09/15/2013
- Rename annotation -> asthma_annotation
- Rename response -> asthma_response
- Add richtext field to response, fixes #1
- Reorder artifact content type fields
- Rename artifact primary fields to file_
- Add artifact-view to display menu
0.0.6 - 09/13/2013
- Fix package error
0.0.5 - 09/13/2013
- Rename reserved word “dublin_core-named” fields from dublin_core_<fieldname> to <fieldname>_
- Rename package: rpi.asthma_files_site -> collective.pece
- Remove logo customization, part II: template-overrides directory removed
- Rename question content type id -> asthma_question
- Add tests
- Add more documentation
- Add preliminary Zotero integration
- Add collective.documentviewer integration
0.0.4 - 09/02/2013
- Add more documentation
- Change title/id generation on all artifacts to use INameFromFileName behavior
0.0.3 - 08/28/2013
- Remove new-style (Diazo) theme
0.0.2 - 08/25/2013
- Add empty registry
- Remove dep on p.a.theming
- Add preliminary installation and usage documentation.
- Rename menu item: (Asthma) Question -> Asthma Question.
- Remove logo customization until Diazo theme is completed/supported.
0.0.1 - 08/21/2013
- Initial release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.