Analytics support for flowplayer using piwik
collective.piwik.flowplayer displays a video play counter in Plone sites that use flowplayer.
The Piwik open source analytics system (http://piwik.org/) is used to store the usage data.
Works both with and without collective.transcode.star
How to get it working
- You need to have access to a working Piwik installation. Create a new site in the Piwik admin UI and provide the view permission to anonymous users.
- You need to make a small change at the tracking tag adding the line “var site_id = X;”, replacing X with your Piwik site_id For example, if in the Piwik code you have: var piwikTracker = Piwik.getTracker(pkBaseURL + “piwik.php”, 6); then site_id = 6 in your case
If you do the above a viewlet should appear on top of flowplayer displaying the number of views of each video.
The number of a video views shown is increased when a user presses play on a video. If you want to change this behavior, edit collective/piwik/flowplayer/viewlet.pt (change onStart for example).
The product was created by Unweb.me and Giorgos Logiotatidis during the Bristol 2010 Plone conference. Thanks to Engagemedia.org for sponsoring our tickets and registrations.
- Dimitris Moraitis, dimo at unweb.me
- Giorgos Logiotatidis, seadog at sealabs.net
- Markos Gogoulos, mgogoulos at unweb.me
- Mike Muzurakis, clopy at unweb.me
- Initial release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size collective.piwik.flowplayer-0.1.zip (21.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for collective.piwik.flowplayer-0.1.zip